Medical Assistant FLOAT - #197425
Date: 04/08/2021 19:01 PM
City: Mesa, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
OnSite Care is looking for an exceptional FLOAT Medical Assistant to join our team in our team! This will be for our Mesa and Scottsdale, AZ Clinics.
This is a FLOAT position; an as needed.
This position will work both front and back office. For the most part, your time will be spent in the following ways:
- You'll be the support for a one provider practice.
- You'll keep rooms neat and clean, and prepare rooms for the visits, procedures and patient exams, ensuring the provider has the equipment necessary for the procedure type, and patients are prepped appropriately.
- You'll get to know the provider's preferences and actively communicate with the provider to ensure you are providing the level of support necessary for the provider to effectively treat and care for patients.
- You'll obtain patient's vital signs, complete any point of care testing required for the visit type, and ensure patients receive the highest level of customer service possible.
- You'll act as a chaperone for your provider during patient exams as requested and assist with any procedure or exam requested by your provider.
- You'll perform point of care testing, administer vaccines and injections, obtain ECG/EKGs, and perform phlebotomy to obtain lab samples ordered by provider.
- You'll follow up on lab work, act as a liaison between patient and provider, provide patients with prompt responses to inquiries, and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Most importantly, you'll provide patients with an exceptional experience at every opportunity!
What you'll have to be successful in this role:
- Successful completion of a Medical Assisting program or equivalent experience.
- Experience performing phlebotomy and giving children injections.
- Working with patients and customers and have experience providing customer service.
- You will be passionate about working in healthcare and want to work for a company that is making healthcare affordable and accessible for patients.
- You will be dependable, accountable, and courteous and value quality and continued improvement in everything we do.
- You will be a team player, and value the contributions of each person on a team.
In a perfect world, you will already have: (Preferred areas - We can train you in these areas)
- You will have 1 to 2 years of experience working in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Experience working in a Family Practice and/or Pediatrics.
- Experience working with an EMR (eCW).
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is definitely a bonus!
- Competitive salary
- Monday through Friday - No Nights or Weekends
- Mileage reimbursement
- We buy you 5 scrub tops as needed