Graphic Designer I - #197403
Date: 04/08/2021 18:31 PM
City: Knoxville, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to create graphic concepts to support merchandising and marketing campaigns across our family of brands.
- Create, produce, and present original and creative artwork and concepts to support a variety of merchandising, marketing, store operations projects
- Assist in editing and proofing artwork for final approval
- Collaborate with the design team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Support our merchandise teams in production of signage for stores which involves creating new signage and updating existing designs across a variety of sign types (store signage needs vary monthly based on promotional and retail marketing activity)
- Contribute to every phase of graphic production, from concept to final renderings for production and delivery
- Communicate with leaders regarding project needs, timelines, goals, and feedback
- Collaborate with category managers and brand managers in the creation and finalization of graphic design projects
- Help Design and Brand teams to further evolve the Pilot Flying J brand and creative promotional direction
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Degree in graphic design or related field required
- Minimum three years’ experience in a creative design position required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Exceptional ability to engage frequently with stakeholders to determine creative solutions
- Exceptional sense of design and typography
- Fluent with current and incoming trends in marketing, advertising, and graphic design
- Ability to take direction and work independently or as part of a team
- Highly organized and able to multitask within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Travel required less than 5%
General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.