35T Military Intelligence Systems Maintainer/Integrator - #197384
Army National Guard
Date: 04/08/2021 18:30 PM
City: Trafalgar, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As an Army National Guard Military Intelligence (MI) Systems Maintainer/Integrator, you’ll earn a security clearance and play a vital role in ensuring MI computer systems, networks, electronic warfare and intercept devices operate on the battlefield without fail. As the subject matter expert on MI systems, you ensure MI Soldiers can find and never lose the enemy. You enable the ongoing process of military intelligence collection and analysis, so our military experts can better defend our Nation.
Specific duties as an MI Systems Maintainer/Integrator include: maintaining, testing, and repairing communications equipment; maintaining and integrating MI computers and networks; assessing and extracting data from fixed, portable, and wireless storage/communication devices; and performing operational checks on MI aerial platforms, sensors, and systems.
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
- Virtual Machine, Server, and Database Administration and Management
- Microsoft, Linux, Unix Operating System Administration
- Cisco and Dell Network device administration; Hardware and Software
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) principles
- Electronic principles
- Maintenance procedures
- Basics of maintaining equipment used for intelligence gathering
- CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- Interest in math
- Ease with computer systems, digital networks and electronic equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy problem solving
More than any other branch of service, the Army National Guard offers a wide range of intelligence-related positions. Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with companies that design and make electronic equipment and computers, and manage computer networks. With some additional study, you may be able to quality for the Electronics Technician Associate (ETA) certification.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance and certifications.
Job training for an MI Systems Maintainer/Integrator consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 42 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), giving you hands-on experience using sophisticated intelligence systems and networks. Your initial entry training in the Army National Guard could also lead to additional college credit.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Earn a security clearance
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
Most non-prior service candidates will initially earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change.
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 1363311
ZIP Code: 462414050
Job Category: Intelligence
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 Tech IT Networking