Family & Consumer Science - 2021/2022 SY - #197381
Danbury Public Schools District
Date: 04/08/2021 18:30 PM
City: Danbury, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The teacher is responsible for the intellectual, social and effective development of students.
The teacher will also insure that all programs, materials and practices within the classroom are free from gender and minority bias and discrimination, and are in keeping with the letter and spirit of Title IX and Affirmative Action policies adopted by the Board of Education.
The teacher is directly responsible to the Principal of the school, and is evaluated/supervised by the administrator as designated in the Staff Evaluation Booklet. This evaluation is based upon basic tenets of good teaching which are found in each teacher's respective job description and the Connecticut Teaching Competencies.
- Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student's ability to read, write, speak, and listen.
- Instruct individuals in a classroom setting.
- Monitor participants' needs in order to remediate educational deficiencies.
- Maintain the required participant progress documentation.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service workshops.
- Keep daily attendance records and progress reports.
- Assess program students using required assessments.
- Create a classroom environment that is conductive to learning.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in a timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the Infant/Toddler Program as part of teaching responsibilities. This includes overseeing all operational aspects of the Infant/Toddler Program.
- Must possess or be eligible for Connecticut certification (045, or as applicable).
- Early childhood background is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to deliver content.
- Ability to relate successfully with staff, families and students from diverse backgrounds, experiences and skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to implement differentiated instruction and build upon the strengths and challenges of a multi-cultural and multi-racial classroom/district.
Apply Online, including all required attachments.