Unarmed Rover Security Officer - #197376
St. Moritz Security Service
Date: 04/08/2021 18:30 PM
City: Pearl River, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the security industry? Join St. Moritz Security Services, Inc., a well-established company with over 35 years in the industry.
Join the excitement of a dynamic company committed to deliver exceptional Security Services to clients across the United States. Whether you are an experienced officer, or new to the security industry, St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. has the right opportunity for you!
SMSSI is a growing organization dedicated to excellence, honesty and quality in delivering specialized services in a variety of markets. For over 35 years, we've provided safety and security to meet the diverse needs of our clients. To learn more please visit our website or follow us on social media. https://www.smssi.com/
Job Skills / Requirements
Job Title: Unarmed Rover Security Officer
Location: Pearl River, LA
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday 06:00-14:00 and Tuesday & Wednesday 14:00-22:00 (32 hours per week)
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Primary Purpose and Function
The Security Officer is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations with a focus on observing and reporting. Duties include, but are not limited to monitoring and reporting all activity, conducting foot patrols, vehicular patrols, golf cart patrols, and/or bicycle patrol of applicable interior and/or exterior areas; reporting suspicious activities, suspicious persons, writing detailed narrative reports, maintaining daily activity reports (DAR's), enforcing post orders, site rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and responding to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The following are the duties that are necessary to satisfy the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for executing security services as outlined in the Post Order Manual and accompanying policy and procedural guidelines and as directed by SMSSI Management.
- May be responsible for conducting walking patrols of building/facility (or assigned areas within or outside the building/facility) and include vehicular patrols, golf cart patrols and/or bicycle patrols.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting security threats, unsafe conditions or hazards, and/or other emergency situations.
- Responsible for site-specific duties and tasks based on assignment, which may include customer service, loss prevention, retail security, lobby/visitor reception, service/freight elevator security, loading dock security, and/or a variety of other safety and security roles.
- Write detailed, accurate, and legible incident reports during shift, including notation of any unusual activities and how issues were resolved. Responsible for contacting appropriate individuals (Site Supervision, Field Management, etc.) as directed by site post orders or as needed during shift.
- Responsible for knowing all site-specific policies and procedures, and implementing emergency response activities as appropriate.
- Responsible for following all company procedures, maintaining acceptable attendance, and adhering to all grooming and customer service standards.
- Responsible for participating in all company and site required orientation and training programs.
- Respond to any incidents that occur during shift, in conformity with the Post Orders and the Company's Use of Force Policy, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
- Conduct security, customer service, or support function(s) as directed by supervisor or in support of client request(s).
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current or prior military experience, or college education in the security field desirable.
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional-level work experience preferred. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military, and/or customer service highly desired. Experience in scheduling, operations, or other functions of the security industry a plus.
- Must possess a valid registration/permit/license required by the state in which the employee is employed. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test where required by the Company or client. Some clients require additional background screening, testing, and procedures. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all necessary registrations/licenses/permits required by the jurisdiction and must carry the appropriate documents at all times while on duty.
- May require a current state driver's license, clean driving record as determined by SMSSI, and the ability to safely operate motor vehicle, golf cart, and/or bicycle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such.
- Ability to provide reliable transportation (or access public transportation) to consistently get to and from work on time is required.
- Ability to write effective, concise, and legible reports.
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unsafe.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels within the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player.
FL #B2300015, BB2600010, BB1900021
Certification Requirements (Any)
Florida D License
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan