Business Systems Analyst (Laboratory) - #197374
Providence Health & Services
Date: 04/08/2021 18:30 PM
City: Anchorage, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providence is calling a Business Systems Analyst (Laboratory) (Lab Outreach Admin, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Coordinates and implements applications/database software changes in an optimal manner to minimize the effect on production and development activities.
- Coordinates integrated system update installations and production management activities involving vendor support and timelines.
- Acts as a resource for user applications and designs questions for all existing and proposed information systems.
- Documents departmental workflow, system designs and procedures. Designs and documents the general functional requirements and detailed technical specifications for an application/database.
- Maintains existing applications and analyzes/evaluates the requirements for new or modified applications/database. Provides technical direction, guidance, and assistance during project development and accomplishes all required formal sign-offs. Maintains related support tools, including database installation and testing programs according to standards and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with laboratory methodologies, standards, procedures and business practices. Assists customers with quality assurance (testing) and documentation of testing results through standard procedures and processes.
- Analyzes and designs administrative and application report requests using reporting tools and database structures.
- Provides emergency support and acts as an on-call resource for resolving computer operational issues and questions. Participates in the on-call support rotation which requires the need to carry a pager.
- Implements care/service that recognizes age specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Completes initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare or Business related field
- 2 years experience in Laboratory setting or Information Systems Administration
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare or Business related field
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!