Dietary / Cafeteria Float - #197352
Mercy Hospital in Iowa City
Date: 04/08/2021 18:01 PM
City: Kalona, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Basic Job Function and Responsibilities
To assist in all dietary non-management positions (storeroom clerk, cook, dietary or cafeteria assistants, cashier and dietary aide) as scheduled or assigned. Promotes the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization.
- Prepares and serves patient meals and snacks on assigned patient care units. Assists patient with tray set-up. Insures that correct items were received and that patient is satisfied with meal.
- Complies with department, JCAHO, local, state and federal sanitation policies, procedures and regulations to maintain a clean & sanitary work environment.
- Dismantles and washes soiled patient and cafeteria trays and equipment (ie. pots & pans, utensils). Sorts, stacks, and stores clean dishes, flatware, and equipment.
- Maintains clean, organized, and sanitary conditions of all work areas by completing all cleaning responsibilities.
- Serves as cashier. This includes handling money and accurately counting money. Accurately records all monies per department policy.
- Prepares, serves, resources, and cleans cafeteria tray line, including hot and cold food tables, salad bar, short order grill, beverage and condiment areas.
- Prepares as assigned, salads, desserts, hot & cold food, washing dishes, baking, answering telephone calls regarding diet changes, emptying trash, cashiering, dishroom responsibilities including heating and/or re-heating food items.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions - Required
Mercy Iowa City, an affiliate of MercyOne, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, associational preference, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process may contact Mercy Iowa City Human Resources, (319) 339-3567 or email@example.com