Direct Support Professional (PT) - #197349
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Date: 04/08/2021 18:01 PM
City: Haines Falls, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Come to our Job Fair!
Devereux is holding an outdoor job fair on Tuesday, April 13th from 9am-4pm at 400 Town Hall Drive, Hudson, NY 12534. Stop by the tent to learn more about us, fill out an application, and get an interview on the spot!
Are you interested in making a positive difference in the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities? Are you new to this field but want to learn more?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
We are currently offering a $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS! If you are hired in February for full-time or part-time (20+/hrs per wk), you will be eligible to receive a bonus ($500 after attending 3 week orientation, $500 after completing 90 days of employment)
Being a Direct Support Professional has its Advantages
As a Direct Support Professional at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Comprehensive 3 week paid orientation to provide you with the skills and training to be a successful DSP.
- Over 5 weeks of paid time off your first year.
- Quality low-cost benefits and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires. (learn more at benefits.devereux.org)
- Tuition assistance after 6 months of working full time - up to 12 credits per year.
- Student Loan Debt Assistance to help you navigate the student loan system – quickly see your repayment plan options and discover potential savings.
- A rewarding experience helping individuals complete daily activities and achieving long term goals.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New York provides programs and services for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and dual diagnoses. Located in Clermont, NY, this position is responsible for assisting individuals in daily activities, including health and personal management, achieving personal goals, recreation, and daily household living, as well as maintaining a safe and therapeutic treatment environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of program individuals while improving functioning and minimizing interfering behaviors
Learn more about being a DSP at Devereux
What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
At Devereux, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our clients, staff and families. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of COVID-19 prevention. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization, just a few of these precautions have included:
- Establishing enhanced cleaning and disinfection across all campuses and sites
- Implementing social distancing protocols across all programs
- Using PPE, including masks, gloves and gowns as indicated by the CDC
- Ensuring daily temperature and symptom screenings for all staff and clients
Throughout the pandemic, Devereux has also supported the physical and financial health of our dedicated team members - our very own Healthcare Heroes. A variety of options have been implemented over time to support our staff, including the provision of:
- Ongoing dedication bonuses, as well as sign-on bonuses, for direct support professionals (DSP) and other staff members
- Flexible schedules, remote working where possible, and redeployment between programs and services
- Hazard pay for those supporting quarantined individuals and shelter away services to frontline staff, when needed, to mitigate spread to families
- Advancing paid time off and sick time; eliminating telemedicine costs over a period of time.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to adapt our response (and protocols) in real-time to meet any challenges and to ensure the safety of our staff and those we are so privileged to serve and support. #devereuxstrong
Keywords: direct support professional, dsp, direct care, residential counselor, caregiver, home health aide, CNA, PCA, personal care aide, youth counselor, direct care worker, group home, evenings, overnights, evening shift, night shift, overnight shift, non profit, human services, mental health, behavioral health, psychology, hiring immediately, now hiring, full time, part time
- High School Diploma/GED required. 2 years of related experience preferred (or Associate's Degree with 1 year of related experience).
- Valid NY Driver's License.
- Be flexible, patient, energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor.
- A strong passion for working with and helping children and adults with special needs.
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate Servant Leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework. This is integrated into the delivery of quality programming for the individuals we serve, their families, and other stakeholders, as well as the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead. As a member of our team, you will support our commitment to cultural diversity and equity across all programs and services, and within all policies and employee practices
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Eligible employees are eligible to start benefits after 30 days of employment. In addition, we offer;
- Medical (including telemedicine via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, and mental health services.
- Student loan debt assistance, tuition reimbursement and continuing education assistance.
- Generous time-off, 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
- Employee assistance / work-life balance program.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE