Receptionist - #197346
Mercy Hospital in Iowa City
Date: 04/08/2021 18:01 PM
City: Kalona, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Greet all patients in a professional and cordial manner whether in person or on the phone. Answer phones promptly and determine patient needs. Assist patients by answering questions, updating demographic information, scheduling appointments, collecting payments, and directing them to the appropriate person for their need. Screen calls and take messages for other clinic staff and record daily entries for patient activity in the medical record.
- High school diploma required with additional training in a medical secretary preferred.
- Ability to deal with public in a professional and cordial manner at all times.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience with computers required.
- Experience as a receptionist preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support validation or successfully complete BLS course within 3 months of date of hire - required
Mercy Iowa City, an affiliate of MercyOne, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, associational preference, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process may contact Mercy Iowa City Human Resources, (319) 339-3567 or email@example.com