Prospect Researcher - Development - #197345
Tufts Medical Center
Date: 04/08/2021 18:01 PM
City: North Weymouth, Massachusetts
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, and in collaboration with the Director of Development, Grateful Patient Program, the Prospect Researcher will be responsible for supporting research functions related to the identification and cultivation of potential individual donors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and update biographical profiles, prepare briefings for meetings and events and respond to research requests
- Conduct proactive research to identify new individual prospects
- Interpret biographical and complex financial information on individuals
- Perform wealth estimations and assign ratings based on publicly available information, including insider holdings, real estate, salary estimates, and general demographic assessments
- Assist in matching prospect/donor interest to fundraising priorities
- Supports Director of Development, Operations and Director of Development, Annual Giving in utilizing DonorSearch and other search engines to both research and screen prospective donors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Well-developed writing and research skills, working knowledge of Internet search strategies
- Superior skills in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience working with relational databases
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and summarize biographical and complex financial data
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team; to build effective relationships; and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Sensitivity to highly confidential information; complete discretion is required
- Ability to identify and adapt to shifting priorities; be flexible and resourceful
- Must be self-motivated, curious, focused, and persistent in the pursuit of information
- Passion for the mission of Tufts Medical Center
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Two to three years of relevant work experience preferred, with experience with donor database systems. Prospect research experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. New England Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.