Textile Engineer- Sr. - #197338
Date: 04/08/2021 18:00 PM
City: Coventry, Rhode Island
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Response Technologies, a Bell Owned Textron company, is an award-winning scientific enterprise that is dedicated to the design and development of products and technologies that enhance some of the world's largest industries, including tactical defense, automotive & transportation, aerospace, energy, and more. We combine material technology with research & development capability to achieve the perfect material or process for our clients' requirements.
Our expertise in material science covers elastomers, plastics, coatings, foams, textiles, fibers, and more. As leaders in our field, Response Technologies is the ideal partner to develop and execute disruptive solutions.
The Sr. Textile Engineer accelerates the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products by designing 3D woven and knitted technical composites, within an AS9100 continuous improvement quality culture.
- Develop and execute trial plans
- Create new products on our varied composites, textile, coating, foam, and additive manufacturing technologies.
- Work directly on 3D textile and composites processing equipment, providing "hands on" support to manufacturing engineers and fabricators.
- Oversee and analyze testing of newly created products and raw materials
- Manage Projects, and activities of project team members.
- Document processing conditions. test results, and other critical-to-quality data
- Conduct Quality System audits
- Research and develop new textile: composites, materials, and novel processes
- Create work instructions and other Tier III documents for AS9100 QMS
- Communicate findings and proposals to upper management
- Working knowledge of materials testing equipment
- Eagerness to learn and explore advanced 3D textile and composites processes, and other advanced Additive Manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills and work ethic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create and read 3D Modeling is highly desired
- 7-10 years of prior relevant experience is required
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant materials science discipline
- Candidates with advanced degrees and Prior Military Service, in combination with experience, are encouraged to apply
- Prior hands-on composite processing experience is a must.
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)