Packaging Engineer - #197315
NXTThing RPO, LLC
Date: 04/08/2021 17:31 PM
City: Downers Grove, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why join us? At Instant Brands (formerly Corelle Brands) we are passionate about products that bring joy and ease to our customers in cooking and sharing food with family and friends. Instant Brands is home to category-leading brands, including Instant, Corelle, Pyrex, Corningware, Snapware, Chicago Cutlery and Visions. We’re looking for candidates who are smart, curious, creative, push the limits of what’s possible and are passionate about our brands. We embrace and respect diverse backgrounds, and welcome new ideas.
Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means you will become part of a global company that offers challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. We operate within a fast paced, team-oriented, rewarding work environment that allows our employees to develop and thrive.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits within a flexible, creative and progressive work setting. Join Instant Brands and become a part of our story. Everyone matters here.
As a key partner with the Global Business Unit teams, the Jr. Packaging Engineer will manage packaging documentation and provide packaging support to internal and external plants, distribution centers and sourced goods suppliers.
We are looking for someone who collaborates with suppliers, our plants and distribution centers and has basic knowledge of packaging materials and drawings to help streamline the documentation process of packaging for our products.
What will you do?
· Create packaging part numbers using SAP system.
· Load packaging bills of materials into SAP.
· Enter weights and measurements of packaging materials into SAP.
· Maintain supporting documentation within user packaging specification system.
· Manage ISTA testing based on customer requirements, prepare product, and manage documentation of test reports across all brands.
· Manage documentation of final packaging assembly instructions and release to assembly operations for line set-up.
· Alter, second level, phase-in, phase-out packaging specifications within SAP.
· Manage and document all corrugate tooling expenses; approve for payment.
· Explore cost savings opportunities and synergies across specifications within our packaging portfolio.
Bachelor’s Degree required - Packaging Engineering or Packaging Science. CPP through IOPP is a plus.
· 3-5 years of packaging development experience. Prefer candidate with experience in the consumer products industry.
· Competencies: Knowledge of packaging material specifications, ISTA testing, CAPE or Tops, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience using Solidworks is a plus.
· Position will be expected to learn and master SAP with training provided.
· Excellent communication skills and willingness to work across multiple departments.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.