Senior Account Executive - #197313
Carolina Power & Light Co
Date: 04/08/2021 17:31 PM
City: Stamford, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your extensive sales experience to a world-class company that is market-leading for both content and technology? We're looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our Reuters Professional Sales team in New York.
Reuters is seeking a Senior Account Executive to drive Reuters.com advertising and Content Marketing Sales across the New York/New England territory by leveraging existing and new client relationships.
Reuters Professional is an agile digital publishing business in the heart of the world's largest news organization. Our mission is to be the premier source of news for global professionals. We combine technology and editorial innovation across Reuters.com and to deliver a powerful experience to over 50 million digital users' cross platform and take out, web, mobile and set top boxes.
About the Role
As a Senior Account Executive, you will:
- Develop, execute and manage account plans for a defined sales territory and roster of clients to drive incremental revenue and ensure retention.
- Maintain strong relationships within client organizations at the decision-maker and execution levels; present a consistent Reuters image of professionalism, timeliness and accountability to those clients; build high levels of client satisfaction; execute and deliver proper client agreements (contracts).
- Achieve assigned sales and retention objectives. Strong emphasis on ability to forecast pipeline with confidence and predictability.
- Coordinate internal support groups throughout Reuters to offer the best service and expertise available within the organization. This includes junior members of the team and product and editorial expertise from other divisions of the organization. Be proactive in the training of new/old products.
- Ensure appropriate customer satisfaction levels for assigned clients and agency, including development of relevant and targeted advertising campaigns, campaign management and stewardship, proactive account maintenance, campaign post-analysis, timely billing and invoicing.
- Maintain accurate and updated account summaries and meeting reports. Must be able to adapt to the incorporation and utilization of new tools, yield management, behavioral targeting, rich media, etc
- Compile detailed and accurate sales forecasts for presentation to Sales Management inclusive of both programmatic and direct placed business.
- Passionate, engaged, committed and true relationship builder and an established network.
- Ability to present articulately and passionately about Reuters offerings and special assets
To be our Senior Account Executive, you will likely:
- Minimum of 8+ years of media sales experience for a first-tier media property or media properties. Financial, Tech and B2B category experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the online media business and underlying technology and research; traditional media, online or emerging markets would be advantageous
- Strong account planning and negotiation skills
- Excellent sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships. Demonstrated track record of success and established relationships
- Excellent listener and presenter
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate resources and relationships outside of direct line of responsibility
- Minimum BS/BA or equivalent work experience, MBA a plus.
What's in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: we have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our employees
- Benefits: we offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Stamford-Connecticut-United States of America
Req #: JREQ142693
Locations: New York-New York-United States of America|Stamford-Connecticut-United States of America
Job Function: Sales