Maintenance Technician - #197311
Date: 04/08/2021 17:31 PM
City: Mentor, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global company that will invest in your career growth over the long term. STERIS wouldn’t be where it is today without our incredible, talented people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Training and coaching
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Maintains and repairs electronic equipment, such as sterilizers, heat sealers, and industrial controls following blueprints and manufacturers’ specifications, and using hand tools and test instruments.
- Maintains and operates low pressure Steam Boiler and Air Compressors.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown, and to determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problem.
- Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Replaces defective components and wiring and adjusts mechanical parts using the appropriate hand tools.
- Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Calibrates testing instruments.
- Maintains record of repairs, calibration, and Foreseer System.
- Performs preventive maintenance of equipment and documents it in the Cal Man system.
- Coordinates routine contract services with vendors.
- Follow all applicable GMP, ISO and safety guidelines.
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years or more of maintenance/repair.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.