Fraud Specialist - #197302
Nusenda Credit Union
Date: 04/08/2021 17:30 PM
City: Tijeras, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Nusenda Credit Union, our commitment to excellent member service, care for our community, being an employer of choice, and offering flexible products and services have always been our priorities. With 210,000+ members, 600 employees, and 21 branches, we are the largest not-for-profit financial cooperative in NM.
We have been voted one of the Top Workplaces and Healthiest Places to Work for multiple years! Being part of our credit union means being part of our community through The Power of WE.
If integrity, dedication, and a commitment to serving others is part of your DNA, we encourage you to review our list of open positions and apply today. We look forward to growing our Nusenda family!
We are currently seeking a Fraud Specialist to join our Support Operations team. In this position, you will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing electronic and in branch account and transaction data for suspicious activity and possible fraud. Keep detailed records of suspicious activity, analyze trends; communicate security threats to Fraud Analyst and management. Take account maintenance actions to limit exposure and loses from suspected fraudulent situations and provides recommendations for loss mitigation as needed. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
What you'll do:
- Review and investigate system generated and custom developed reports as they occur to identify potential fraud activities within member accounts and loans
- Take appropriate account and system maintenance actions such as administering alerts, stops, holds and request channel restrictions and supplemental data research/information using available resources
- Consult and advise managers and employees in identifying potential fraud, consulting/interviewing members and taking appropriate action in fraud situations
- Communicating with the Fraud Analyst, Management, and Compliance Officer of suspected fraudulent activity as needed and for ensuring compliance with AML and related regulations
What you'll need:
- One to three years of similar or related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work with legal documents and identify/interpret data as needed.
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, deal with sensitive information and handle problem resolution.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers appropriately via in person, email etc.
- Experience in multi-tasking, meeting strict deadlines, dealing with sensitive information, and problem resolution while providing exceptional service.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and all internal systems as affiliated with the department.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and proactively communicate.