Network Consultant Assc - Network Consultant - #197276
American Electric Power
Date: 04/08/2021 17:02 PM
City: Bossier City, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
**This position is posted as a range; Pay, title and grade will be based on the qualifications of the individual selected**
Performs routine network architecture assignments under general direction. Assists with planning, researching, evaluating, designing, and developing network systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
Learns and adheres to policies, procedures, standards, codes, and regulations relevant to assignments. Pursues Zero Harm.
Develops knowledge of American Electric Power (AEP) networks, components, and facilities to enable more efficient and comprehensive responses to projects and problems.
Under general direction of more experienced employees: prepares cost estimates for routine engineering assignments; perform documentation of project work using established guidelines; use approved applications and tools for projects as required to perform routine engineering tasks;
Assists higher-level employees in handling well-defined routine projects and problems;
Reviews and adheres to AEP's budgeting and approval processes as part of annual planning, project planning and trouble response scenarios;
Learns AEP's organizational structure and specific role and responsibility of one's individual organizational unit.
Completes other duties as assigned;
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, telecommunications, or related field of study; or Associate's degree in field mentioned above with 2 years of relevant work experience; or HS diploma/GED with 4 years of relevant work experience required;
Experience: No additional experience, other than what is listed above, is required.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License is Required.
- Possess entry to basic level knowledge of communications technologies and inter-networking principles.
- Demonstrate competency in analytical techniques necessary to handle basic assignments. (e.g., by dividing the problem into component steps, and performing the analysis necessary to complete each step.)
- Exhibit fundamental understanding for pertinent telecom equipment, materials, systems and business processes.
- Use initiative in looking for opportunities and presenting new ideas and new approaches
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player
- Relates to people in an open, friendly and sincere manner
- Use initiative in looking for opportunities to increase job knowledge and technical skills.
- Develop decision making skills under guidance of higher level employees
Core Competencies: Continuous improvement, team player, assume positive intent, safety first focus, continuous learning, professionalism
Occasional travel required
Physical demand level is Sedentary