Counsel - #197268
Date: 04/08/2021 17:01 PM
City: North Weymouth, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Re:Sources, we like to think we’re the backbone of Publicis Groupe, an ensemble of stellar advertising and public relations brands. We provide our peers technology, finance, operations, and legal solutions that enable them to excel with their clients. We’re over 80,000 worldwide, and growing.
There’s so many exciting things to do, we’re looking for the right people to make it all happen.
Why join us?
Now is an amazing time to join us. We’re dedicated to providing the best portfolio of tools and talent to help differentiate our brands across the globe.
Because we’re committed to collaboration, creativity, innovation, sharing, and limitless possibility, we’re continuously evolving as a world-class organization. The way we work, and the spaces in which we work, enable us to succeed in a way that produces our best.
We excel because we ensure Re:Sourcers are inspired, dedicated, healthy, and innovative. Our benefits are but one incredible aspect of this.
In short, we’re establishing what it means to love what you do, and we’d love you to come help us.
By the way, Re:Sourcers are a diverse group of people, and we invite everyone to apply. We don’t let race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy status, or any other conceived differences limit who we are and what we can accomplish!
Are you an innovative and talented lawyer looking to join a collaborative in-house team? Are you interested in working on cutting-edge, challenging projects in the technology, media and advertising space? If so, Re:Sources is looking for someone like you to join its legal team in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will provide sound legal advice and counsel to internal digital and media agencies within Publicis Groupe in support of their daily operations. Each day in this role will be different, as this position supports a variety of activities.
- Contract drafting and negotiations—with a particular focus on media-related and advertising tech agreements
- Acting as the main touchpoint for certain agency teams
- Legal review of media agency/advertising/marketing materials and programs
- Assisting with litigation matters
- Guiding business teams on day to day operational issues
- Other various duties expected of a general practitioner
- Negotiate, review, and draft a variety of agreements, with a particular focus on client master services agreements and various vendor agreements
- Research and provide concise advice on a wide variety of matters to digital and media agencies
- Work closely and collaboratively with attorneys, paralegals, media operations, finance, security, risk and account teams on a variety of matters, which might include agency law, media buying, creative services, data ownership, IP matters, document review, dispute resolution, and internal reporting
- Provide legal and best practices training to management and account teams
- Make proactive contributions that maximize departmental efficiencies and simplify processes
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and industry standards as they relate to the agencies
- Provide support to senior members of the legal team
- Use of computer, speaking on telephone
- Daily carrying laptop and occasional lifting of file boxes
- Ability to travel
- Working in an office Monday through Friday (post Covid-19 crisis) with flexibility to work from home on occasion
- Some limited travel may be required
- Weekend, evening work (home internet access) as needed
The experience and education qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- JD from accredited law school
- Current membership in good standing of the state bar of Massachusetts
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience as an attorney at a national or recognized regional law firm and, preferably, experience as an in-house attorney in a related field
- Experience negotiating, interpreting and drafting commercial agreements, with experience as the lead attorney
- Subject matter expertise in technology, media, data, advertising, and/or privacy is a plus
- Leadership and confidence while also being able to participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Possess high level of business acumen with impressive organization skills
- Ability to collaborate well with a diverse team of stakeholders
- Ability to provide training on legal compliance and best practices
- Ability to think and write critically
- Ability to manage large volume of competing priorities strategically and practically without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to manage clients with a customer service oriented approach
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and a positive approach
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) currently in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relations