Service Technician- (Dickinson, ND) - #197237
Date: 04/08/2021 16:30 PM
City: Dickinson, North Dakota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Prepping, cleaning, and performing minor repairs to railcars and/or locomotive service trucks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS may include but not limited to:
- Perform railcar and/or locomotive service truck prepping and repairs according to established procedure.
- Conduct pre-inspection and post-inspection of assigned truck/trailer/RTV/tools/parts.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping of equipment and site.
- Follow all safety procedures, including wearing all appropriate PPE and Blue Flag Rules.
- Participate in meeting objectives for safety, quality, and profitability.
- Assist in Inventory of material and parts.
- Maintain strong and proper communication with customers.
- Continue to develop railcar repair knowledge/experience according to AAR/FRA and company guidelines.
- Learn to utilize any customer related tracking information to determine scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to climb in and out of a large truck.
- Ability to climb ladders on a railcar.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend crouch for extended periods of time.
- Ability to wear all required PPE at all times while on the job.
- Ability to travel up to 30% maybe asked
- Exposure on a regular basis to all outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust from various grains, fertilizers and minerals.
- Exposure to exhaust from locomotives and trucks.
- Exposure to heights with aid of fall arrest system.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some technical schooling preferred.
- Must possess basic mechanical / tool knowledge.
- Certified Welder to AWSD15.0 preferred.
- Proven knowledge and experience on prepping preferred.
- Proven ability to interact directly with the customer in a professional manner.
- Good organizational and paperwork skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and meet the Holland Vehicle Fleet Policy; may be required to obtain CDL Class B with Air Brakes.
- Ability to successfully complete all pre-employment testing required by Holland L.P.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to add or remove tasks as circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).