Material Inspector - Overnight - #197217
Ventura Foods LLC
Date: 04/08/2021 16:02 PM
City: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Shift: Nights – 12 hours shifts
- Rotating 12-hour night shifts, where every other weekend is a 3-day weekend!
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Why Join Us?
Ventura Foods offers career growth opportunities, on-the-job training, as well as a full suite of benefits beginning on your first day for eligible employees, including:
- Profit Sharing and 401k Matching (after eligibility criteria is met)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Currently hiring for regular full-time employees to join our team. Ventura foods offers on-the-job-training, opportunities for overtime, a full suite of benefits (beginning on your first day), as well as employee appreciation events. Material Inspectors are critical to growing business success and helping our customers delight their customers by making quality products. In this job, you will accurately weigh batches to enable Right the First Time (RFT) goals for processing. Meet departmental goals of average pre-weighs (PWs) and work in a timely manner with accuracy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparing batch spices according to production schedule and established formulas
- Weigh and measure spices and ingredients with scales and other measuring devices and maintain accuracy
- Is required to know and follow the spice room standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Is required to accurately fill in batch sheets with material supplier lot number (#) using the sequence of first in, first out (FIFO) rotation
- Will be trained in the Hazardous Material Identification System (HMIS) and be required to follow procedures as outlined in handling materials
- Learn the cooler and warehouse rack locations for spice room ingredients to gather needed amounts of ingredients to meet production schedule
- Assist processors as needed; may be required to scan in batches (components) when weighed to assist the coordinator
- Perform general clean up including having chemical training to use the foamer in the room
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have the ability to follow directions, read, write and communicate effectively
- Must have the ability to count accurately and do simple mathematics
- Must have the ability to use scales and other measuring devices
- Must have the flexibility to work hours as assigned by supervisor
- Is self-starting, self-directing and exercises good judgment and decision making skills
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.