Director Media Activation - #197196
Date: 04/08/2021 16:01 PM
City: Chantilly, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Whereoware is seeking an accomplished Director of Media Activation to spearhead its in-house media team, including overseeing research, development and implementation of media plans for a broad range of agency clients. In this role, you will lead a dynamic and growing media team, interact with existing clients, potential customers and internal stakeholders while delivering impactful organic and paid search, social, and display media campaigns. The Director of Media Activation will also be expected to stay on top of current and forward-thinking trends, in new distribution channels, as well as client-specific industries.
This position is a client-facing role, which requires flexibility, organization, strong time management skills, attention to detail, commitment to meet crucial deadlines, negotiation prowess, analytical and self-learning skills, and the ability to lead.
Whereoware is an agile digital marketing agency with clients across industries and verticals. Day-to-day projects for the Director of Media Activation will vary, but may look like:
- Supervise day-to-day media team members while also leading the process of strategic media planning/buying
- Develop and present to stakeholders a compelling story articulating the business problem, outlining solutions, and framing outcomes.
- Oversee the set up, management, and execution of ongoing media plans for clients including developing recommendations, execution details and budgets, and leading and creating the development of client presentations
- Create and implement marketing strategies using a variety of tactics, which may include: digital display media, PPC, SEO, paid social, web analytics, conversion rate optimization, lead generation, and other tactics for full funnel campaigns that deliver a quantifiable ROI.
- Research and implement new techniques and technologies relevant to clients’ media strategies, draw insight from campaign results, and ensure dialogue with client and internal team on informed strategic implications.
- Set up and configure new Google Ads/Analytics/Search console/Shopping and Facebook Busines Manager Ad accounts
- Audit, review and optimize existing client accounts on the platforms listed above
- Oversee daily management and maintenance of paid campaigns to monthly budgets
- Perform keyword research for both SEO & PPC with client objectives to influence overall strategy
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid media campaigns
- Leverage business intelligence platform Domo to automate reporting to the greatest extent possible
- Oversee and help analyze as applicable website traffic reports, linking structures, codes, and content to be able to make smart recommendations to increase KPIs: website traffic, the number of quality leads, and conversion rates, among others. Review Ads and Analytics data to create insightful, meaningful reporting and analysis
- Manage client expectations and relationships. Present plans and presentations to clients and stakeholders
- Routinely research and keep up on industry trends
- Support growth and business development of the Media Department by nurturing new business opportunities
The Director of Media Activation will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field and 6 – 9+ years of experience in marketing planning and campaign/program execution. Agency-side experience preferred.
- Demonstrated client services/account management experience; ability to manage multiple projects and team members concurrently
- Identify and articulate client needs, and build and maintain client relationships
- Strong understanding of digital marketing tactics: digital media, SEO, web analytics, and email marketing
- Ability to analyze performance data and develop recommendations for marketing programs across multiple channels with a focus on digital
- Working knowledge of digital/programmatic planning/buying
- 3+ years leading and managing cross-functional teams
- Google Ads Search Certified (Shopping & Display are a plus)
- Proficient with Google Analytics (Google Analytics certified is a plus)
- Google Tag Manager experience is a plus
- Social Advertising experience and/or Facebook Blueprint Certification a plus
- Able to utilize various PPC/SEO software tools, such as MOZ, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, SEOQuake + others
- Proficient to expert with Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Excel
- Passion for digital marketing and entrepreneurship
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly detail oriented
Who We Are:
Whereoware is an award-winning digital agency located in the Washington D.C. metro region. Since 1999, Whereoware has grown from a startup of five to an agile, full-service agency of 90-or-so website + mobile app developers, visual designers, email marketers, data analysts and integrators, project managers, and SEO + PPC specialists. Recently Whereoware has released a suite of SaaS products with our own IP applicable to virtually any company.
At Whereoware, we applaud fresh ideas from every level of the organization; we pioneer new approaches; we work hard; we laugh a lot; and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Our mission to deliver client excellence in a fun, casual corporate culture pays off. Whereoware has won over 30 awards in each of our core service areas in the last five years. We were most recently a finalist for Tech in Motion’s Best Tech Work Culture award and was crowned one of DC’s coolest companies by DC Inno.
Besides getting paid, here are some other fun perks of working here:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Personal + Vacation Days, Telework Opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program & 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Social Events
- Modern headquarters with collaborative workspaces, rooftop with WiFi, and more