Direct Support Provider / Caregiver Substitute - #197187
Date: 04/08/2021 15:32 PM
City: Florence, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, people who are faced with mental health, behavioral or significant medical challenges, and to children and their families.
Our founders (Husband and wife duo) Tim and Diane Madden opened the first Dungarvin program, an ICF/MR serving 15 people, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in March 1976. Tim and Diane were the live-in “houseparent’s” for that first program. Through the success of that program Dungarvin has grown to employ approximately 4,000 people who currently provide supports to over 4,000 individuals across 14 states.
Working as a Substitute Direct Support Professional (DSP) you will have the unique ability to work in a magnitude of settings with a variety of both staff and the individuals we support. In the substitute position you will move between our group homes and will need to be able to cover any shift needed filled. Similar to other DSP roles with us; you will be working directly as a home health and companion care provider, with the individuals we support, you will be able to assist in a residential, group home, or day program setting. DSP caregivers provide support services and assistance to individuals in their homes and in the community. Candidates should have a desire to create lasting positive impacts on people's lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and encouraging others to reach their goals.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITY BREAKDOWN:
- Shopping for the home and residents. (Clothing, food and supplies).
- Bring clients to doctors’ appointments.
- Monitoring clients while in a residential setting.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history
- Reliable transportation along with current auto liability insurance
- Acceptable criminal record
- Ability to pass drug screen
- 40 hours per week.
- Scheduling needs will vary with this role as you will be Substituting between group homes. This person will be assisting with a variety of shifts as they will be providing coverage for staff going on leave. Schedules will vary week to week.
- On-call: 24/7
- Flexible schedules including part-time and full-time opportunities
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer