Software Engineer - #197184
CFD Research Corporation
Date: 04/08/2021 15:32 PM
City: Huntsville, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CFD Research creates intelligent software for biomedical, aerospace, energy and materials, and other industries. We are seeking a highly-motivated and versatile software engineer to join our team and support a diverse set of development efforts. You will work closely with engineers and research scientists who are building next-generation technology, often researching techniques that can be used for systems ranging from high-speed aerospace systems to simulating the efficacy of drugs in treating a variety of health concerns.
The position will have the freedom to implement innovative solutions that offer an elegant and user-friendly experience for customers. In supporting such a diverse, research-focused organization, the software team works on a variety of tasks using various languages. Software engineers also work closely with a customer to define the requirements that best meet the immediate (and long-term) needs of the task. This position will support both development tasks as well as progressing to being the subject matter expert for developing UI/UX interfaces for software prototypes.
Some typical activities/responsibilities include:
- Delivering stable and reliable software prototypes and products to both internal and external customers.
- Create storyboards, user flows, and process flows as needed to communicate design ideas & functionality.
- Implementing innovative solutions for customer interfaces, visualizations, and user experiences.
- Integrate and package software modules into applications.
- Develop APIs and wrappers to aggregate executables and libraries into seamless packages.
- Develop a scalable code base so that as technology is accepted by customer, CFD Research is positioned to build upon the offering.
- Conduct testing, debugging, and profiling - preferably by building and maintaining an automated software testing platform.
- Communicate work plans, progress, challenges, and risk mitigation strategies effectively.
- Work closely with other development functions in a highly collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Interest in developing scientific software or engineering tools.
- Experience or interest in projects developing UI/UX applications.
- Demonstrated application development in an Object-Oriented language, specifically C++ and/or Java.
- An understanding of the importance to implement source control, testing, and clear documentation.
- Exposure to Unity, Qt, Django, and/or similar User Interface tools.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment.
About the Company:
CFD Research is the technology leader in engineering simulations and innovative designs. Our services are used by many Fortune 500 and emerging high-tech companies, national laboratories, and universities worldwide. CFD Research develops cutting-edge technologies (software & hardware, designs and prototypes) with Federal agencies and provides the highest possible leverage to our industry partners.
CFD Research offers competitive salaries and excellent employee benefits, including an employer matching 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). CFD Research offers a highly competitive insurance package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance. We offer company paid long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, and life insurance. Performance appraisals occur each year and pay increases are based upon corporate goals, personal development, performance, and outstanding achievements. In addition, group and individual bonuses are awarded for exceptional performance.
CFD Research is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories