Graduate Nurse Residency (RN) July 2021 -Cardiac Step Down-HEB - #197180
Texas Health Resources
Date: 04/08/2021 15:32 PM
City: Bedford, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Texas Health HEB seeks to hire a Graduate Nurse for the July 2021 Residency.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford TX 76022
- Hours/Schedule: Full-time, (3)-12 hour shifts; Rotating weekends, Holidays, and on call shifts required
The Texas Health Nurse Residency Program is a comprehensive, evidence based on-boarding program with a 2-year employment commitment that offers new graduate nurses an exciting opportunity to gain the experience, judgment, skills and confidence to successfully navigate the complexity of hospital life
Integrated into a Hospital’s education structure, the Texas Health Nurse Residency Program includes a guided clinical experience with an instructor-led core curriculum, a formal mentoring program, informative debriefing/self-care sessions and supportive 360-degree evaluations. Residents not only participate in the learning experience on their personally selected home units, they also rotate through other departments to gain an expanded nursing experience vital to the complex patient care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- ADN (Associates Nursing Degree) is required upon hire; BSN preferred
- Graduated within the last 12 months preferred
- Less than one year experience at the time the residency begins preferred
- Have not previously completed a THR nursing residency preferred
- Enrolled or completed a DEU with THR preferred
- Current RN licensure (Texas or Compact State). Boards MUST be passed and results verified by noon the Wednesday prior to start date.
- Current BCLS required upon hire
- RNs hired within THR after December, 2016 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date required.
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Please provide the following during the application:
- Official nursing school transcript (Unofficial transcript accepted until official is available)
- Exemplar/Essay: In one-to-two pages, tell the story of a clinical situation that was especially meaningful to you as a student nurse and that has helped you shape your practice today
Why Texas Health Resources?
At Texas Health HEB we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 296-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1973. Our location in the DFW mid cities provides convenient care to the residents of Hurst, Euless, Bedford and the surrounding areas
If you’re looking for women’s services, outpatient surgery, oncology, cardiac rehabilitation and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit and provide nuclear medicine, neonatal intensive care, respiratory therapy and orthopedic medicine
And talk about award winning. Texas Health HEB is Joint Commission-certified in both Heart Failure and Chest Pain, a Primary Stroke Center, a Level III Trauma Center and a designated Baby Friendly facility. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for emergency services, women’s services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.