Product Manager - #197173
Date: 04/08/2021 15:31 PM
City: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are seeking a Product Manager to manage our cloud scale enterprise file services throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with engineering to continue delivering best-in-class products. The product manager is the voice of the customer inside Nasuni and will need to be passionate about customers and the specific problems they’re trying to solve. We’re looking for someone who loves technology, in particular the challenges of defining and building solutions around storing and protecting files. This person will report to the Director of Product Management.
As a Product Manager, you will…
Lead Product Definition*
- Map the industry landscape and competitive feature sets of best-in-class NAS products to Nasuni’s current capabilities.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to translate the needs of the market and customers into a compelling and successful product and provide evidence-based prioritization of NAS feature sets
- Analyze past performance to determine areas of investment, and refine go-to-market strategies to help Nasuni maintain its position as a best-in-class NAS solution
- Juggle multiple priorities and make trade-off decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget don’t align
- Drive detailed requirements of feature sets with prioritized features and corresponding justification such that the development team has clear guidelines and success criteria for implementation.
- Configure and validate Nasuni’s global file system with key technology partners and develop best practices guides for the Sales and Customer Success teams on these solutions.
- Educate the Sales and Marketing teams on the value prop, differentiation, market strategies, and other knowledge necessary to be successful in the go-to-market
Develop Amazing Docs*
- Develop reference architectures for external use by our customers.
- Create technical guides and best practices documents (e.g. product requirements, FAQs, Do’s and Don’ts, Cheat Sheets, etc.) for internal use by Sales, Engineering, Support and Professional Services.
Inspire Customer Happiness*
- Work with customers to analyze their use of critical NAS functionality.
- Canvas existing partners and prospects to understand their current and emerging use of critical file-generating applications.
- Attend industry conferences to stay current on customer needs and trends in applications.
Manage Cross-Functional Programs*
- Work closely with engineering scrum teams during product development cycles.
- Coordinate meetings with internal and external teams to manage milestones, requirements, schedules, and technical issues.
- Represent the needs of Engineering, Business Development, Sales and Marketing to make technical architecture decisions and time-to-market trade-offs.
- Understand the competitive landscape and assist Sales and Marketing to position Nasuni’s technology and integrated solutions against the competition in the market.
Required skills + experience we look for are...*
- 3-5+ years’ experience in Enterprise Software Product Management experience
- BS in Computer Science or another technical field.
- Experience in cloud, virtualization, security, and storage technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate is/has...*
- Experience in taking an enterprise level product idea from concept through launch.
- Ability to assess customer needs and translate them into product requirements.
- Confidence to champion ideas and solutions and raise issues across the organization.
- Customer-first sensibility and passion for ensuring their success.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent listener, desire to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies.
- Able to understand the technical architecture and work with engineering teams to guide them on product design.
- Agile Scrum experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be trusted with sensitive or confidential information.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Enjoys working in teams.
- Willingness to travel as needed and occasionally be accessible by phone during off-hours to help resolve customer or partner issues.
Nasuni is growing quickly to meet customer demand for our cloud-scale enterprise file services solution. Our new headquarters in the Boston Seaport overlooking the harbor is home to the amazing team of cloud, virtualization, security, and storage experts creating the next generation of cloud-based storage.
Everyone in Engineering, Product, Finance, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales are all focused on one goal: building the next great global technology company. We’ll achieve this goal by making Nasuni a great place to work, encouraging innovation, making our customers wildly successful, and hiring top talent. Are you up to the challenge?
With the world’s only cloud-native global file system at its heart, Nasuni delivers a file services platform built for the cloud that combines the performance of local file servers with the scalability and durability of cloud storage, all at about half the cost of traditional file infrastructures. Users can migrate NAS silos to the cloud storage of their choice for on-demand capacity expansion, built-in backup, instant disaster recovery, multi-site file sharing and a system that can span continents. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA. This role will start remote, due to Covid-19, then will be based in Marlborough, MA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off and potential flexible work hours
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
Job Type: Full-time