Warehouse Technician - #197145
Date: 04/08/2021 15:02 PM
City: Rancho Cordova, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste management companies in the United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of technologies and services touches nearly every industry that generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial, industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
- Load, unload, or adjust materials or products on conveyors by hand
- Loading and unloading of trucks carrying hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Ensures proper labeling on each item
- Operates forklift.
- Storage and segregate containers by process code
- Performing compatibility tests
- Process materials in compliance with applicable safety or environmental regulations
- Monitor material flow or instruments to ensure optimal processing conditions
- Remove clogs, defects, or impurities from machines, conveyors, or other processing equipment using lifts, hoists, or open gates
- Learn and follow safety regulations
- Notify supervisors of problems encountered with material or equipment
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time
- Apply and remove the area specific locks and tags as identified on the equipment specific lock out procedure
- Direct traffic movement or warn of hazards, using signs, flags, lanterns, and hand signals
- Help production workers by cleaning work areas and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience:
- No prior experience is required; experience in operating small equipment preferred
- Experience working fork lifts preferred
- Prior experience on processing and/or constructions sites is preferred/helpful
- High School Diploma preferred, not required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Medium to heavy working conditions
- Work with various materials with varying safety requirements
- Tasks will rotate within different areas of the warehouse according to business needs
- Ability to climb stairs, lift 60 pounds, move 55-gallon drums
- Ability to work overtime hours as required by business conditions
- Must be able to work in a busy work environment
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
Clean Earth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.