Production Specialist (3rd Shift) (Part Time) - #197137
Date: 04/08/2021 15:02 PM
City: Saginaw, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better serve patients' urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we're looking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee's dignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who provide lifesaving blood to our communities on a daily basis.
What you can expect in this position:
We like to think of our lab staff as the next step after our friendliest vampires (phlebotomists) collect the blood products from our generous donors.
Under the direction of the department leadership, manages product inventories including the receiving, preparing, packaging and arranging delivery of products consistent with all regulatory and compliance standards, while meeting or exceeding the customers' expectations. Demonstrates the ability to take initiative, multi-task, and build a collaborative environment.
Our team members get the chance to advance their careers in health care and customer service while working with a compassionate and mission-driven group of professionals.
What you will do:
- Processes orders for blood, components and derivative products consistent with regulatory standards while meeting customer expectations
- Follows procedures pertaining to the proper storage of Red Blood Cells, platelet products and frozen products
- Processes homecare derivative orders consistent with state pharmacy regulations under the direction of a licensed pharmacist (if applicable)
- Coordinates delivery of orders to meet customer expectations
- Coordinates pickup of samples for diagnostic testing meeting customer expectations
- Manages available product inventories to maximize efficient shipment of blood and derivative products
- Irradiates blood products meeting regulatory and customer requirements, if applicable
- Manages products coming in from other institutions meeting regulatory and inventory standards
- Responds appropriately to product withdrawal, recall and lookback cases
- Labels products to meet regulatory and inventory requirements
What you will need:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-6 months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer skills required. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
When you will work:
- This position works full time, day shift position with weekends, holiday rotations and on-call, as needed
What's in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.