Line Lead - #197134
Date: 04/08/2021 15:02 PM
City: Blacksburg, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Pet Care business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St. Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices throughout the US and globe. Owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles rely on our brands for exceptional value and trusted results. Our industry-leading brands include Tetra®, Instant Ocean®, Marineland®, 8-in-1®, Dingo®, FURminator®, Nature's Miracle®, GloFish®, DreamBone® and SmartBones®.
Following SOP's and cGMPs, the Machine Operator will operate a variety of production machines including, but not limited to: liquid filling machines, tablet packaging machines, tablet wrapping machines, tube filling machines and tablet press production. Lead Production employees in packaging duties, reviewing quality requirements, completing hourly checks, completing work orders and overseeing production of assigned production line.
Shift: Monday - Thursday 7:00pm-5:30am
Pay: $15.00 ($16.00 with $1.00 shift differential)
Benefits: Eligible date of hire, benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Company Paid Long and Short term disability, Company paid Life Insurance and more!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Model Spectrum Brands 20/20 Vision to support the companies Values and Behaviors
- Work with associates in team effort to further company goals concerning productivity, safety, quality and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Serve as first line of defense for operational opportunities. Implement immediate countermeasures and/or escalate when necessary.
- Ownership of Flex as it applies to daily adjustments, accurate displays and downtime reason codes.
- Set up, operate and check quality of production equipment by following and documenting procedures as required to support production schedules.
- Get required tools or equipment, clean up all equipment and work areas, and properly store tools and equipment. Maintain equipment logs.
- Assist the Setup Technician in performing changeovers on production machines, cleaning equipment and moving product in or out of the production areas as needed.
- Assist in training less experienced personnel on production machines.
- Observe and follow safety procedures using personal safety equipment as required.
- Assist in Production performing packaging duties as needed.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Six months of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Able to read and operate common digital and dial quality test equipment.
- Must be able to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shifts
Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance. Must be available to work across multiple shifts. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must wear all prescribed PPE including, but not limited to: hearing protection, safety glasses, respirator and steel toed shoes.
Otherwise, working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.