2nd/3rd shift Material Handler - #197112
Date: 04/08/2021 15:00 PM
City: Churchville, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Requisition ID 24921
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Manufacturing/Production
Posting Type DNI
Kerry is a global leader in taste & nutrition. Our manufacturing facilities produce and supply the world with over 15,000 different food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products throughout the world. With a commitment toward sustainability and reputation for innovation, a career with Kerry offers you the chance to change the way the world sees food and nutrition. A career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you’ll work
With over 50 plant across North America, the Harrisonburg, VA, plant is a part of our Taste division, creating a variety of stock broth, soups, and bases .We feel good about our products that make our food taste better. We work in a fast paced and ever changing environment, where we work hard but also enjoy taking part in the community thanks to Kerry’s employee engagement program. If you’re looking for a soup-er fun job with a great company, we might be the place for you!
We currently have multiple Material Handler openings on 2nd and 3rd shift! Hours are Monday - Friday:
- 2nd shift: 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM
- 3rd shift: 10 PM – 6:30 AM
What you’ll do
Our 2nd/3rd Shift Material Handler is part of our raw material team which is extremely important to our production. As a Raw Material clerk you’ll performs duties required to complete necessary paperwork for all incoming raw materials in a tightly required time frame and ensure timely and accurate shipment of orders, participates in regular inventory audits and cycle counts. If you’re looking to build a career in supply chain with a team you can have some fun with, we might be the team for you. As a Raw Material Operative, you will:
- Contact suppliers to manage deliveries throughout the day.
- Understanding and support to receiving functions: receipts, claims, labeling, etc.
- Receive orders –Able to do all the receipts for company transfers and incoming receipts daily.
- Reconcile inventory received with schedule.
- Report any deviations in personnel safety, facility or food security, product safety, and product quality to the appropriate supervisors and managers.
What you’ll need to be successful
- While documenting and taking inventory you will be using many computer programs, so a strong working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word & Excel, internet navigation, and the ability to learn other programs quickly will help you to get the most out of your position
- Because you’ll be part of a team that will count on you, we’d like to see solid work attendance in your current/previous job
- Experience with standup and sitdown Forklift
- Must be able to lift 50 Ibs throughout shift, as well as stand, bend, twist and go up/down stairs
- SAP experience preferred
- Because you will be assisting with documentation and inventory, a High School graduate degree or GED is required
1711 N Liberty St, Harrisonburg, VA 22802, United States
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .