Field Application Specialist - #197101
Date: 04/08/2021 14:31 PM
City: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Oxford Immunities (OI) Global Limited, a division of PerkinElmer is a global organization, headquartered in Oxford, United Kingdom, that specializes in T-SPOT technology. Our IGRA (interferon gamma release assay) products use ELISpot methods to measure antigen-specific T cells for tuberculosis (T-SPOT.TB®) and SARS-Co-V-2 (T-SPOT®.COVID). We also offer accessories to these products (T-Cell Xtend™ and T-Cell Select™) to aid in the isolation of PBMCs (peripheral blood mononuclear cells) from whole blood
In addition to the kits and reagents that Oxford Immunotec provides, we work closely with various third party equipment vendors and our parent company PerkinElmer to assist our customers with automation solutions. Some examples of the equipment can include and not limited to liquid handlers, flow cytometers, plate washers and spot count imagers
As OI continues to grow and develop new products that require third party vendor automation, we are looking for a customer-focused Field Application Specialist that can lead and support processes that ensure a successful implementation and training of our customers. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Technical Services, the Field Application Specialist (FAS) is a key part of the OI’s commercial organization to lead implementation activities, such as operator training, post-close customer support and troubleshooting of Oxford products, accessories and equipment. The FAS is a remote position, ideally based out in the Midwest and near a major US airport) and will require frequent travel (up to 75%).
- Perform customer training on all OI products and applicable instruments, which includes supporting customers with evaluations, validations and proficiency or competency testing.
- Assist or lead on-boarding implementation activities, such as leading technical meetings to educate customers on the operational aspects of implementing OI’s assays and ancillary equipment.
- Proactively provide outstanding customer service with all existing customers by conducting on-site visits and routine check-in by either email or phone calls.
- Resolve and document customer inquiry/complaints and perform troubleshooting via phone, email and/or on-site visits according to Quality procedures (ETQ/Salesforce.com) in a timely manner. Achieve fast turnaround time for resolution with high customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and demonstrate the highest degree of knowledge on all company and competitive products through training and self-education.
- Be the technical subject matter expert for all of OI’s assays and associated equipment.
- Assist in the creation and editing of training documents, equipment implementation guides, SOPs, R&D support materials, operators guides and technical bulletins.
- Provide regular feedback to commercial team on identified customer/market issues.
- Travel to OI facilities for continued product training or collaboration with development team, as needed.
- Maintain weekly administrative duties, such as customer activities in Salesforce, travel expenses on Concur and Quality requirements on ETQ.
- Support marketing as needed by assisting and giving input on marketing collateral materials as well as creating and delivering training materials for regional/national sales meetings (role-plays, PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to build and maintain Oxford’s business across multiple products and operational solutions.
- Occasionally assist other organizational teams (R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Legal, etc.) on development of upstream products.
- BS in Life Sciences/related field or Associates degree with MT/MLS, MLT licensed required
- 5+ years of experience working in a diagnostics industry or 10 + years of experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Experience in installation/implementation, training and troubleshooting on lab analyzers, lab equipment, hardware/software in infectious disease, immunology, microbiology or similar fields is highly preferred.
- 1+ year of experience in technical and/or commercial writing. Must have written, assisted or reviewed user or training guides for a product/equipment as well as SOPs.
- Experience with lean process improvements, such as Lean Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience with automated lab platforms, such as liquid handlers or fully automated system.
- Experience with software installation, training and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Electronics or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or related military experience is preferred.
- Experience with multiple diagnostic test methods is also preferred. This may include ELISPOT, ELISA, Antibody Capture EIA or Western Blot.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to work independently and in a group.
- Excellent attention to details as well as verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Analytical approach to development of customer solutions and value proposition.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), experience with CRM software (preferably Salesforce.com) and Quality Management software (ETQ) preferred.
- Availability to travel up to 75% within the US and Canada. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a passport.
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.