Laborers/Operators - Show Low, AZ - #197080
Date: 04/08/2021 14:30 PM
City: Show Low, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
HMI Utilities, LLC, a subsidiary of Henkels & McCoy Group, Inc., is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Gas Distribution and Communications markets throughout North America. Due to our expanding market penetration we are currently recruiting for an experienced Operators/Construction Laborers to join our growing team.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package to fit the needs of our full-time employees and their families, including: medical, dental, 401(k), company sponsored life and disability insurances and holiday pay.
The Operators/Construction Laborers will support an aerial and/or underground crew in the construction of telecommunications infrastructure by working on the ground; handling cable, conduit, tools and heavy materials, digging holes and performing other similar work.
Ideal candidate will have good mechanical aptitude, understanding of work practices related to aerial and/or underground utility construction and all the hazards related to this type of work.
- Perform manual labor such as shovel/ broom work, hand digging, trenching, pulling and removing material, job site clean-up and various tasks associated with utility construction.
- Assist crew members in the placement of cable on poles and in ditches, setting pedestals, laying conduit, placing cable in conduit and installing telephone poles.
- Operate hand and power tools for demolition, concrete removal, grading, and other general tasks using company and/or rental equipment.
- Load and unload trucks/ dumpster and haul and hoist materials.
- Participate in daily job briefing and safety meetings and ability to follow instructions and perform assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Must have a valid driver's license. CDL license preferred
- Must be able to lift, reach, dig and carry heavy objects with frequent lifting up to 50 pounds and infrequent lifting of up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Must be reliable, able to show up on time and be available for overtime during weekdays and/or weekends.
- Labor experience in underground utilities preferred