Practice Manager - MGH Waltham - #197071
Partners Healthcare System
Date: 04/08/2021 14:02 PM
City: Waltham, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Scope of Responsibilities: Under the limited direction of the Senior Administrative Manager, Cancer Center and Medical Directors, Cancer Center; this position is responsible for the personnel planning, staffing and supervision for the outpatient clinical program and Infusion Services as it relates to the non-clinical staffing. Works with the physicians, Nurse Practitioners and other staff members to ensure a quality-based, customer-oriented flow of work. Works in collaboration with the MGH Cancer Center Provider Team across Network locations as well as the Cancer Center and Medical Infusion Leadership Team to consolidate and coordinate similar activities and functions. Works with a minimum of 10 rotating Physicians and 2 Nurse Practitioners; manages a minimum of 7-8 non-professional support staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct supervision to and is responsible for the conduct, operations, and results of the non-professional staff. Coordinates with Human Resources for the interviewing, hiring, training, and disciplining of all personnel. Assigns and prioritizes workloads; evaluates and standardizes office procedures and effectively troubleshoots and resolves issues as they arise. Reviews salary and wage issues. Evaluates performance of all personnel. Provides corrective action as necessary; Ensures that all center performance evaluations are performed in a timely manner and in compliance with Hospital and Departmental pay-for-performance plans.
- Manages Weekly Payroll through Kronos
- Reviews individual time records
- Approves time off requests and ensures adequate coverage
- Prepares Weekly Payroll
- Maintains payroll-related records
- Processes all employee salary and funding changes through Peoplesoft
- Collaborates with the Sr. Administrative Manager on a weekly basis
Planning and Project Development
- Performs/coordinates special projects as may arise from time-to-time.
- Provides administrative support for renovations of department areas, providing plans for the best utilization of space for developing new programs, programs in growth of phase out and changing technology
- Serves as Division Representative for Center and Hospital for committees, projects, etc
- Ensure that physician, nursing, and support staff are apprised of Cancer Center activities and initiatives and that Cancer Center administration and support staff are apprised of issues related to the Center
- Provides administrative support to Medical Directors for activities pertaining to the Cancer Center
- Liaison for Cancer Center Marketing and Development Offices as needed.
Manages Day-to-Day Operations
- Assists Medical Directors in establishing Center policies and procedures. Evaluates, initiates, and implements various Center systems and procedures and revises them as necessary to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for the efficiency of the financial aspects of the centers' front desk operations: reception; phone systems; patient flow; appointment scheduling.
- Addresses practice access issues with clinicians and support staff.
- Ensures Cancer Center Level Scheduling guidelines are implemented, maintained and routinely monitored.
- Services as a point person for Division environmental issues related to repairs, cleaning, directories, signage, security, etc. Establishes and enforces fire and safety regulations for the center, following established protocols, and ensuring compliance with JC, OSHA, and Hospital guidelines.
- Coordinates with Partners Information Systems Department to arrange for hardware/software installation, troubleshooting, system access, etc, as well as coordinating, maintaining relationships with MGH IT department for EPIC troubleshooting, etc.
- Monitors monthly center statistics, including volume and room utilization, etc and facilitates strategies for improvement in utilization, etc
- Collaborates with Medical Directors, MD's and NP's of the Center to achieve a seamless continuum of care
SKILLS/ABILITIES COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, highly organized and thoughtful, in a fast-paced complex environment
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills and creative problem solver which will support sound decision-making.
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of computer skills and practice applications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office Applications/EPIC
- Desired extremely strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask at a higher level.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Healthcare strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of healthcare experience
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience managing a diverse workforce