Cloud Application Developer - #197029
Date: 04/08/2021 13:32 PM
City: Pierre, South Dakota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Cloud Application Developer
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"Collaboration is key to personal and professional growth, and the way we work at 3M. Our data scientists, software engineers and materials scientists are passionate about working together to expand 3M's digital technological capabilities that will help solve real-life problems for our customers and communities around the globe." – David Frazee, technical director of the corporate research systems labs at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
3M is seeking a Cloud Application Developer to join the Corporate Research Systems Lab (CRSL) to develop scalable, production grade, cloud applications. In this role, you will leverage your experience with all levels of the software stack, including backend databases and APIs, frontend UI frameworks, and cloud services. As part of an agile team, you will enable applications in diverse markets including healthcare, energy, manufacturing, personal safety, transportation, electronics, and consumer
As a Cloud Application Developer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leveraging the latest cloud services from AWS and Azure to build Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, container/event based solutions, infrastructure as code, testing frameworks, monitoring, and logging
- Writing clean and reusable code
- Embracing the ambiguity of research by constantly learning new technologies
- Collaborating in an agile, cross-functional team to rapidly deliver software systems
- Synthesizing customer requirements, prioritize solutions, and demonstrate the grit needed to deliver exceptional value to the customer
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university and one (1) year of software development experience in a private, public, government or military environment OR High School Diploma/GED or higher and five (5) years of software development experience in a private, public, government or military environment in lieu of the Bachelors degree requirement
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience developing with AWS and Azure services such as CloudFormation, CloudWatch, EC2, Sagemaker, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, Greengrass, Virtual Machines, Databricks, CosmosDB, Azure Functions, Blob Storage, IoT Edge, IoT Hub, etc
- Experience deploying production applications using technologies such as DroneCI, Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure Pipelines
- Experience following disciplined development practices including code versioning (Git, GitHub, DevOps, etc), code reviews, and unit and integration testing
- Experience building software solutions incorporating machine learning algorithms, IoT devices, or sensor capabilities
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity of early-stage scouting and evaluation of new opportunities and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Location: Maplewood, MN or may consider remote U.S. work location
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.