Home Equity Loan Specialist - #197027
Consumers Credit Union
Date: 04/08/2021 13:31 PM
City: Augusta, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Home Equity Loan Specialist
Come join our team! The Home Equity department is growing rapidly with opportunities for advancement and career development.
In this role, you will provide superior service to Members, loan origination staff, Consumer Lending Underwriters, and third-party vendors maintaining a high level of production and quality. You will develop strategies and processes to lead Consumers to achieve lofty growth goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide high member satisfaction; work efficiently and quickly to meet consistently high service levels while still meeting accuracy requirements.
- Perform Home Equity loan processing functions including, but not limited to, credit bureau review, ownership requirements, document preparation, auditing, and quality assurance.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend process and procedure changes to ensure continuing compliance with state, federal, credit union and investor requirements
- Maintain current working knowledge of federal, state and investor guidelines as it pertains to the origination, processing and closing of Home Equity loans
- Assist Home Equity Manager in the research, documentation and responses to internal and external audits.
- Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor, informing him/her of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new developments, changes and other important information within area of responsibility with suggestions for solutions/improvements.
- Navigate complex title transfers including trusts.
- Experience making independent decisions about required conditions and documentation while adhering to internal guidelines.
- Comply with Credit Union policies and procedures. Maintain current knowledge of Credit Union philosophy, plus all Credit Union products and service.
- Proficient in HE regulatory issues: Disclosures, redisclosure, Rate/APR
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum two years’ mortgage loan operations or Home Equity Loan operations experience
- Superior technical skills – mastery of origination systems and relevant business software including working knowledge of our mortgage system
- Understanding of Mortgage Loan Process to facilitate seamless Bridge and Piggyback loans
- Understanding of Title Commitments, Trusts, Deeds, Surveys, Appraisals, Transfers, Lien status
- Ability to decipher tax documents and create an income analysis for self-employed borrowers
- Ability to read a credit bureau to make credit recommendations to underwriting
- Self-directed with strong decision ability
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of all credit union and deposit products
- Knowledge of related loan government regulations and Credit Union loan policies
- Ability to work at fast pace with a strong attention to detail and strong organizational
What you didn't know about the team:
At Consumers, you're joining a team that works closely together and counts on one another. You'll find the people here enjoy an unusual high level of camaraderie.
Consumers offers outstanding health, dental, and vision plans and an excellent health insurance plan, which features low copays at the doctor and a low deductible for major medical. A 401(k) plan that provides a 100 percent match up to your first 10 percent of contribution following one year of employment. Plus generous paid time off, paid gym memberships, in-house training, wellness programs, life coaches, tuition reimbursement, and more. And don’t forget, loan discounts.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
We are a proud Veteran & Military Friendly Employer.