Experienced Pavement Marking Manager (Columbia) - #197026
RoadSafe Traffic Systems
Date: 04/08/2021 13:31 PM
City: Columbia, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
RoadSafe Traffic Systems (?RoadSafe?) is the largest provider of traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States. Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private, special event, utility and railroad projects in over 40 states. Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet, state-of-the art equipment and trained technicians allows RoadSafe to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our customers nationwide. RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements with some of the United States' biggest industrial companies and contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism, RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in our industry. At RoadSafe, we offer a competitive pay, growth potential and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values diversity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Experienced individual to drive and/or operate pavement marking equipment.
- Lift, carry, load and unload construction items including pavement marking supplies, signs, etc.
- Prepare, clean and sweep work area.
- Operates and maintains thermoplastic striping equipment for the application of striping on roadways.
- Operates a Striper Truck at low speeds while roadways are receiving paint striping/thermoplastic striping applications.
- Lie out and install heat tape. Apply and remove temporary and permanent reflective tape.
- Set up and remove construction signs and traffic control items at job site.
- Operates and maintains equipment, both hand operated and motorized designed to remove pavement markings from roadway surfaces.
- Operate company trucks to transport materials and equipment to job site.
- Clean grinders and paint machines.
- Install, remove and reset delineators, signs, posts and supports.
- Shop work which may include general maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Travel from work site to work site (involves considerable overnight travel).
- Will have to perform mechanical repairs on the equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.