Biophysical Scientist - #197005
Date: 04/08/2021 13:30 PM
City: Waltham, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
This position will measure binding of small molecule drugs to target molecules using biophysical techniques
- B.S. 4-6 years of related experience or M.S. 2-3 years of related experience
- Biochemical or cell-based assay development experience is required, biophysical assay development experience (especially SPR) is preferred.
- Experience in design and implementation of screening, dose-response, and/or kinetics experiments with small molecule
- Buffer preparation
- Determine and carry-out the appropriate methods for capturing targets to the chip surface
- Familiarity with acoustic dispensing instrumentation (ECHO)
- Basic instrument troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience analyzing cellular, biochemical activity, and/or SPR data
- Familiarity with curve fitting and assay validation
- Uploading data to internal database for use by project team members
- Timely recording of all experimental findings in adequate details in eLN
- Sending out summary sheets and present findings at team meetings
- Seeking advice when appropriate
- With advice and training from group members, have ability to learn other biophysical methods (ITC, DSF, MST) to monitor binding of small molecules to target proteins when appropriate
- Improving theoretical knowledge and practical skills of the field
- Willingness and desire to learn new techniques and share learnings with team
- Learning the biology and pathophysiology of the targets and target diseases
- Have ability to juggle multiple projects
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Waltham, MA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.