Doctors Assistant - Part Time - #193169
Date: 04/06/2021 04:00 AM
City: Peoria, Illinois
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
As part of the National Vision family of optical retailers, Eyeglass World keeps customers happy with an impressively wide range of services and products. Recently named to the top 3 of Newsweek America’s Best Customer Service 2019, Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States.
We are looking for a Doctor’s Assistant to join our growing team. The Doctor’s Assistant provides prompt, courteous service to customers either on the phone or in person. This position also provides clerical assistance to the Optometrist.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensure high quality customer service.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls in accordance with NVI protocol.
- Accept payment for all purchases according to company policies and procedures.
- Process and understand managed care plans.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, follow-up visits and classes.
- File all patient records daily and pull patient files for the next day’s appointments.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings. Handle inter-office memorandums and other correspondence as directed.
- Book appointments for eye exams in state where permitted.
- Keep reception area tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
- Maintain proper inventory of trial lens.
- Order contact lenses as prescribed by Optometrist.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role is preferred.
- Experience handling multiple phone lines.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bilingual were applicable.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.