Universal Banker - #193146
Date: 04/06/2021 03:30 AM
City: Coos Bay, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
In this role, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and deepening relationships with consumer and business customers by providing exceptional customer service and recommending appropriate customer solutions through the use of the ACE model. This includes, but is not limited to, processing transactions, placing customers in appropriate account and loan products, cross-selling other bank services and referring customers to other departments as appropriate.
- Accept and accurately process a variety of financial transactions for customers, including typical consumer and business transactions, such as, cashing checks and processing checking- and savings-account withdrawals, and balancing duties, etc., while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities.
- Accept and accurately process all financial transactions.
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures.
- Review and maintain knowledge of products, fees and policies and stays current on offerings for product suggestions.
- Open and process complex consumer and moderate to complex small business deposit accounts, providing cash management solutions for businesses such as merchant services, payroll and ACH.
- Listen to the customer's financial needs and cross-sell other bank services and refers customers to other departments as appropriate.
- Originate basic to moderately complex consumer loans within Umpqua Bank guidelines.
- Work on NSF reports, balancing store cash, ensuring audit safety and soundness of store. Considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Open new accounts and originate loans when Relationship Banker is unavailable or when self-sourced.
- Provide input to determine best methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance and training to other associates.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Requires a high school diploma, vocational training, or equivalent and customer service skills.
- 2-5 years of banking and/or demonstrated sales experience.
- Knowledge of bank operating procedures, practices and policies.
- Consumer lending origination skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy; maintains professional dress and demeanor.
- Considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
- This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiate a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee's assessment of the consumer's financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO) for compensation or gain. All MLOs will be required to register as an MLO complying with the SAFE Act requirements.
- This position IS NOT authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO, which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and therefore this position is limited to acting as a Bank MLO for open-end transactions (i.e., home equity lines of credit) only.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- occasional walking
- lifting up to 10 pounds
- Limited travel.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.