Barista/Cafe Server - Part-Time - #192792
Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Date: 04/05/2021 21:00 PM
City: Bozeman, Montana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As a Cafe Server, you are responsible for selling by providing exceptional customer service in the Cafe through our cafe service standards. You make the Cafe experience interactive and engaging by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our products and services and meeting the needs of the customer. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that ensures sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Execute on the cafe service standards: offer a warm welcome, recommend add-ons, personalize the customer's order, offer membership, and thank the customer.
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, proactively engaging them in conversations about our Café products, services, and promotions to determine their needs and recommend the right products.
- Ensure all customer transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare and serve drinks and food in accordance with the Cafe standards and health code.
- Perform all support tasks in the Cafe, including baking, completing prep sheets, cleaning cases and equipment, and restocking displays.
- Use the maintenance checklists throughout the day to maintain Cafe cleanliness.
- Drive sales by engaging all customers in our café and customer sampling of Cafe products. • Ensure execution and compliance with operational standards for the Cafe.
- Perform all opening and closing tasks.
- Protect Company assets by ensuring the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including cashiering and inventory standards, waste logs monitoring, sample recording, coupon redemption and discount and return policies.
- Help orient new café servers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
- Assist in any area of the store as needed.
- You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team.
- You are detail-oriented and accurate when processing paperwork and you work to expand your knowledge and understanding of the business.
- You are an effective listener, sharing your knowledge with your fellow booksellers, contributing to the overall success of your store. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the store.
- You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
- You work in the receiving area of the store and on the selling floor as necessary, which requires physical activity, including maneuvering around the store including back rooms, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
- You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.