Accounting Manager - Alliance Animal Health - Stamford, CT - #192639
Alliance Animal Health
Date: 04/05/2021 18:30 PM
City: Stamford, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Alliance Animal Health is a multi-site business partner to veterinarians across the US. Our network of general practice and emergency hospitals is as individual as you, and we like it that way! Our team of highly skilled partners and associate veterinarians work hard to deliver the quality of personalized care and attention that our profession deserves. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture of open communication and collaboration to remain innovative and cutting edge in today’s veterinary environment without disrupting the medical autonomy of our qualified veterinarians.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting functions for inventory and COGS across a rapidly expanding network. These functions would include duties associated with the monthly financial close, maintaining accuracy of the physical inventory, and providing insight to management on inventory and COGS trends. This position will also have other accounting responsibilities as needed. This position requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to pull together large amounts of data which come from disparate sources. Experience in inventory management and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment are critical as well. This position reports to the VP, Finance with significant exposure to the Chief Financial Officer and other corporate leadership, and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company with the potential for additional responsibilities across the organization.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, COGS, and related inventory reserves, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and roll-forwards in accordance with internal reporting deadlines.
- Manage COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics, and variances.
- Lead discussion with management regarding inventory and COGS actual results, budget development, and variance reporting.
- Coordinate mid-year and annual physical inventory with the Operations team.
- Act as main point of contact with regards to inventory discrepancies and related adjustments.
- Institute and manage a cycle count process for key inventory items.
- Assist newly acquired veterinary hospitals with initial inventory and ongoing inventory reporting. Interactions with newly acquired hospitals and the regional operations team may generate potential for light travel.
- Ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, and external auditors.
- Assist and/or manage other accounting processes as needed, which could include the monthly close process or the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements, as examples.
- Complete ad hoc requests as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in either public accounting or inventory accounting in a corporate environment
- Experience in working with an inventory database preferred
- Mastery of Excel with experience in managing complex data and building analyses from data
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Collaborative team worker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.