Strategy Director - #156983
Date: 02/24/2021 01:30 AM
City: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Given Anthem's scale, balance sheet, broad national reach and depth at the local market level, Anthem has established a new business unit called the Diversified Business Group. The Diversified Business Group is a solutions-oriented business unit within the Company that will support Anthem and other external clients in the pursuit of transforming healthcare.
Position location: This position is located in Atlanta, GA or Indianapolis offices
The Diversified Business Group (DBG) at Anthem is dedicated to providing innovative solutions and care delivery models to personalize and integrate care for those with complex and chronic conditions. The DBG Strategy Team at Anthem supports the DBG mission by focusing on enabling deliberate decisions based on customer and market signals to support profitable growth.
Core functions of the DBG Strategy team include: market analysis to determine attractive areas for growth, partnering with existing business units to improve operating performance, evaluation of the strategic and financial rationale behind potential acquisitions, divestitures, investments and partnerships, providing recommendations to DBG leadership, managing DBG due-diligence and the closing process of acquisitions and execution of partnerships.
We are seeking a Strategy Director to work on high priority, high visibility corporate development activities to support our external partnership and acquisition activities in the healthcare space. Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Together with the DBG Business Units teams and Corporate Development, perform due diligence activities relating to the acquisition of companies by DBG
- Support multiple due diligence work streams, in collaboration with the DBG leadership owners, in all aspects of due diligence operations: scheduling, documenting, orchestrating and communicating workstream activities, coordinating meetings, status reporting, ad hoc analysis, due diligence report coordination, issue tracking and escalation, information requests and diligence room follow up, executive presentation support, quality control, identification and resolution of cross functional issues
- Support the due diligence work streams to understand, identify, and analyze key deal drivers (e.g. synergies, dis-synergies, cost of care impact, implementation in Anthem, insourcing opportunities) and for assessing the impact thereof on the transaction
- Develop an overall understanding of each company in due diligence and the DBG strategy in order to understand the potential customer impact of each transaction
- Other activities that support evaluation of M&A targets may include early target identification and analysis, and deal flow and pipeline tracking.
- Work closely with members of the DBG and Corporate Development team, sharing responsibility for projects, providing support, and communicating all issues, conclusions, and progress.
- Provide coaching to DBG teams on standard DBG due diligence processes, share knowledge with teams, support the DBG organization on increasing speed and quality of due diligence activities.
Requires a BS/BA degree; 4-6+ years of progressive experience in strategic planning, financial analysis, large scale project/program management experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Excellent communication skills.
Research, analytical skills to build compelling business cases for identified opportunities. Exceptional program and project management skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple teams and projects with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency. Cross-functional perspective and quick, continuous learning style. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others.
- MBA/Master's Degree
- Experience with due diligence planning + execution or other complex project management strongly preferred
- Experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, and/or strategy.
- Experience in the health care industry
- Demonstrated agility in learning complex concepts
- Comfort with and eagerness to tackle ambiguous problems
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business data and strategy
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.