Direct Support Professional - Day Program - #156947
Date: 02/24/2021 01:00 AM
City: Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking to build a career where you'll make a real impact? Working at Bancroft will provide you with opportunities to grow professionally, find your purpose, and make a real difference in the lives of others. As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) within our Adult Day Program, you'll empower individuals living with intellectual and developmental disabilities to realize their best life.
Bring Out the Best in You and Those We Serve
Bancroft's community-based residences for people with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities fosters a stable environment where each individual can experience independence. Direct Support Professionals help those in our care to reach their highest potential, while gaining experience and learning new skills. We are hiring across Camden County. Various schedules and shifts are currently available, including days, evenings, and overnights.
How You Can Make a Real Impact:
- Empower individuals to develop skills for daily life
- Support the personal growth of the people we serve
- Encourage independence through personalized plans of care
- Plan events and outings to build connections within the community
- Communicate with residents' families and guardians
Hear From Real Employees About Life at Bancroft
Meet Myles - Meet Jillian - Meet Alyssa
We're Hiring Compassionate Team Members Who:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a current, non-provisional driver's license in good standing
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Work well in teams and are open to learning new skills
- Have the ability and willingness to work weekends
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Experience in caretaking or supporting individuals with developmental disabilities
What You'll Love About Bancroft:
- Meaningful Purpose: We truly make a difference in the lives of others, which inspires us to be better people, and gives us purpose.
- Lasting Bonds: We are a close-knit, committed team who feel like a second family
- Personal Growth: There are opportunities to learn and build skills, professional development, career advancement, tuition assistance, and loan repayment programs
- Outstanding Benefits: We offer competitive salaries, tuition assistance up to $5,250 each year, discounted tuition at local colleges and universities, retirement savings programs, generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and more
What May Challenge You:
- Every hour of each day is different
- Weekend availability is most often required
- Caring for the people we serve can be physically, mentally, and emotionally tough
At Bancroft, you'll do more than just make an impact. We are a care team of 2,700 employees across 200+ facilities and homes in NJ, PA, and DE committed to making a lasting difference in the lives of the people we serve and their loved ones. Together, we work diligently and compassionately, to improve the lives of the people we serve. Find your purpose and more at Bancroft.
Real Life. Real Purpose.
Ability to successfully clear a pre-employment physical, drug test and criminal background check inclusive of fingerprinting is required
Direct Support Professional, DSP, Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, DD, Autism, Direct Support, Direct Care, Community Based, Mental Health Technician, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Patient Care Assistant, PCA, Home Health Aide, Residential Counselor, Caregiver, Companion, Applied Behavior Analysis, ABA, Neurobehavioral, Psychology, Social Services
Bancroft is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and supports diversity, equity and inclusion in its hiring and employment practices, so that every team member can feel a true sense of belonging, and maximize their unique potential. To this end, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.