2nd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor - #156932
Date: 02/24/2021 01:00 AM
City: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
WHO WE ARE:
Douglas Dynamics is North Americas premier manufacturer and upfitter of work truck attachments and equipment. Our belief is that our employees and culture are just as important to the company as serving our customers. We place a high value on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Douglas Dynamics, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission to serve our customers, to advance your career, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life.
We would love to have you join our team, where we offer top notch benefits, multiple avenues for advancement and a great working environment.
HOW WE DO IT:
Grow, Improve, and Engage is our focus as an organization to ensure we succeed by executing the right things. These are our Core Values and are How We Win in the marketplace. The Winning Behaviors are what each Douglas Dynamics employee does to support the success of our company. They are the expectations of all of us to help ensure we focus on winning as an organization the right way! Our Winning Behaviors are:
- Be Customer & Results Driven
- Anticipate the Possibilities
- Collaborate & Care
- Communicate Responsibly
- Develop Self & Others
- Get Better Every Day
We are seeking a 2nd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A fulfilling career with the ability to contribute to an Industry leader
- A comprehensive suite of benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A generous 401k match
- Profit sharing for all full-time employees
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Enforce safety regulations and take action to remove safety hazards.
- Confer with other BU Supervisors to coordinate operations and activities. Plan and establish work schedules.
- Determine daily production and corresponding manpower requirements to meet production targets
- Trouble-shoot equipment to maximize up time.
- Ensure materials and processes result in the production of products that meet quality standards.
- Manage production schedules and resources to level loaded plans which meet customer demand.
- Observe, train and coach employees in daily work activities, ensuring that workers conform to safety procedures while maintaining required production levels and using the proper documented operating procedures.
- Establish and maintain lean metrics and communicate the results to management.
- Initiate Human Resource actions to select, train, discipline, and terminate shop floor associates.
- Support lean culture, drive continuous improvement, and lead projects at home.
- Involvement and support for the DD Organization Lean transition through Kaizen, 3P, Daily Continuous Improvement Activity and 6S.
- Establish and maintain current state standard of work and identify and prioritize continuous improvement future state opportunities using Cycle Time Observations, Loading Diagrams, Machine/Cell Capacities.
- Implementation of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (SQDC) programs.
- Establish and maintain MDI SQDC Tracking Boards to identify and prioritize continuous improvement activities.
- Execution of SQDC continuous improvement opportunities.
- Execution of timely and informative Shop Floor Associate performance reviews to establish improvement plans as related to SQDC and adherence to DD organization policies.
WHAT THIS ROLE NEEDS:
EDUCATION: 2-Year Technical/Associates Degree, or 4+ Years Military Training (Including Leadership Training), or Equivalent experience as a Supervisor in a Manufacturing setting required (Previous Supervisor Apprentice accepted). Bachelor degree a plus.
SKILLS: Demonstrated computer skills competency required (Microsoft Office Tools, Database use, etc).
EXPERIENCE: Experience in a manufacturing environment with exposure to shop floor processes strongly preferred. Proven experience managing or leading employees working in a team environment. Mechanically inclined and self-motivated. Demonstrated LEAN Knowledge related to Kaizen, 3P, JI/Standard Work, MDI, Problem Solving, and Waste Elimination required.
Our focus on integrity, teamwork, and high performance creates an ideal work environment for every one of our employees.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Discover our opportunities and come see all the ways you can do more at Douglas Dynamics.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Douglas Dynamics, LLC does not discriminate against qualified applicants in hiring based on race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.