Warehouse Associate - 2nd Shift - #156915
pet food experts
Date: 02/24/2021 00:30 AM
City: Cumberland, Rhode Island
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Pet Food Experts is the leading distributor of pet food and supplies to independent retailers in the US. We are looking for full time Warehouse Associates to join our Distribution Center in Cumberland, RI!
By creating a supportive culture that embraces teamwork and individuality, Pet Food Experts isn't just a team - we are a family of pet lovers passionate about supporting our customers coast-to-coast!
Full Time Employee Benefits & Perks:
- No scheduled weekends!
- Full benefits package (medical, dental and vision), PTO, 401(k)
- Safety Footwear Reimbursement
- Overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week
- Paid Holidays
- Employee discount on pet food & supplies
Compensation: Starting hourly rates $13/hr. - $15/hr, dependent upon position. Certain positions are eligible to earn incentive based on speed and accuracy!
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 2nd shift 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm, or until work is complete (start and end times may vary), flexibility and overtime may be required
Our Warehouse Teams accurately fulfill customer orders by selecting, moving and loading products (e.g. bags of dog/cat food, cases of cans, litter) from warehousing racks and storage areas onto pallets both manually and operating warehouse equipment.
- Safely and solely bend, lift, move materials up to 50 lbs. repetitively and continuously throughout shift, manually and by operating warehouse equipment
- Build pallets accurately, properly, and efficiently to ensure product is not damaged upon delivery to our customers
- Candidate must be able to read, write and understand English, including identifying numbers
- Perform functions, accountabilities and supporting activities while complying with safety procedures, rules and regulations
- Candidate must have reliable transportation, flexible schedule, solid attendance and a positive, professional attitude
- Some positions may require the candidate to be assigned to the walk-in freezer. This requires the ability to work in temperatures at or below -5 degrees F for long periods of time while wearing required personal protective equipment provided by the company
- Experience in safely operating warehouse equipment (e.g. forklift, pallet jack, high reach truck), preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
- High degree of skill and dexterity in operation and safe control of warehouse equipment
- Experience and certification for an electric pallet jack, a plus
- Experience with Infor WMS, a plus
- Any offers of employment are contingent upon passing a required background check
If you are qualified and excited about our opportunities, please apply by clicking on "Start Your Application" below or visit our website