EQ Derivatives Senior Swaps Developer (SOFTWARE SR ENGINEER SPECIALTY) - #156908
Date: 02/24/2021 00:30 AM
City: New York, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers 'round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The position is for a senior developer in the Equity Derivatives Technology group to work on the buildout of the strategic Equity Derivatives Swaps platform for Trade Capture, Processing, and Lifecycle Management to support the strategic business initiatives.
Requires very strong technical knowledge of Java and a solid foundation of server design methodologies. Must be able to write highly functional and performant code in a structured manner that can be applied to domains beyond equity derivatives. Successful applicant will help enhance, build and deliver application frameworks and specific functionality around trading and risk.
Candidates applying for this position should be prepared to work in this software environment with the following expectations
- Perform in the high level technical and analytics role as an individual contributor developing software for the various trading components
- Work directly with business analysts, traders, sales, operations group to understand requirements
- Read and understand business specifications and create functional specifications from them
- Create thorough designs - taking care to assure that designs integrate well into existing architecture
- Write high quality code in the Java language using object oriented principals and design patterns by practicing/advocating Behavior Driven development methodology as appropriate
- Prior experience reviewing others code and providing constructive feedback
- Create/modify SQL Server database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, etc)
- Perform high quality thorough unit testing and documentation of development activities
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires a solid grasp of business/risk domains
- Assure quality, maintainability, and extensibility for supported systems and risk applications
- Provide Level 2 production support as required
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quants, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- 3+ years of securities industry experience
- 3+ years of distributed servers platform experience
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of Cache experience
- 6+ years of Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) experience
- 6+ years of Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 6+ years of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) experience
- 5 + years of experience with Agile tools
- 3+ years of experience working with middleware vendor messaging technologies
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Enterprise
- 3+ years of Oracle Coherence development or implementation experience
- 2+ years experience designing and optimizing complex SQL queries involving table joins and correlated sub-queries on large scale data tables
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- A professional certification in technology
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Derivatives experience
- Knowledge and understanding of price distribution mechanisms, market access, low latency trading and pricing
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: distributed and client server technologies
- 1+ year of Autosys experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of Java experience
- Experience with Equity Swap Trade Entry and Lifecycle management
- Firm understanding of Design Patterns
- Securities industry experience with understanding of Financial instrument valuation, life cycle and risk management especially pertaining to Equity Derivatives
- Familiar with trading concepts as they relate to flow trading, synthetics, exotics & convertibles and technology used to solve problems for these business lines
- Able to build components across all functional domains : trade capture, lifecycle mgmt, risk, pricing
- Outstanding communication skills as required for a front office role
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.