Vice President, Information Technology - #156900
Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Date: 02/24/2021 00:30 AM
City: Watertown, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Kala is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative therapies for diseases of the eye. Kala has applied its AMPPLIFY® mucus penetrating particle Drug Delivery Technology to a corticosteroid, loteprednol etabonate (LE), designed for ocular applications, resulting in the October 2020 approval of EYSUVISTM (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic suspension) 0.25% for the short-term (up to two weeks) treatment of signs and symptoms of dry eye disease and the January 2019 launch of INVELTYS® (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic suspension) 1% for the treatment of post-operative inflammation and pain following ocular surgery.
The VP, IT & Facilities will define an IT strategy that supports our Corporate initiatives and future growth; develop and implement an executable plan to support that strategy. This person will also oversee the Facilities function.
- Lead and motivate a small seasoned team of IT professionals to deliver technology capabilities that help the business achieve its goals
- Develop, maintain and implement an IT roadmap that aligns with the business imperatives
- Responsible for developing and ensuring compliance to Key Sarbanes Oxley IT controls
- Design and implement a cyber security program that delivers the right level of balance between security and compliance while minimizing business disruption
- Maintain relationships with key business leaders and translate business challenges in technical outcomes
- Develop and mature an IT vendor management strategy that allows for a successful utilization of partners and managed services providers.
- Recommend effective technical solutions that meet the changing business needs and ensure business alignment.
- Develop standards for the organization related to common IT equipment and onboarding / off boarding processes.
- Ensure appropriate Information Technology policies and procedures are developed and established to meet compliance objectives.
- Establish, implement, and monitor policies, procedures and work instructions for key IT process and systems administration, incorporating both industry standard best practices as well as compliance to FDA requirements
- Develop, implement and maintain a disaster recovery approach that supports business continuity, while providing support and guidance to the business on the business continuity plan
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to the overall corporate growth plans
- Develop an IT budget and ensure accountability against the approved budget
- Bachelors level degree and 15+ years of experience within the IT field in a highly regulated biotech environment, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Prior experience building an IT team in a fast-growing organization
- Demonstrated passion and leadership delivering outstanding service to business partners
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
- Repeated successful planning, scaling and deploying applications, systems and network infrastructure with a combination of vendor and internal resources
- Experience negotiating and executing corporate wide licensing programs
- Experience implementing IT security including development of information security policies and executing security programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communications with technical and non-technical team members
- High-level of self-motivation; demonstrated success leading a small team supporting a complex and dynamic business
Kala Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package.