Environmental Scientist - #156886
Date: 02/24/2021 00:00 AM
City: Wilmington, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
Timmons Group is seeking an experienced Environmental Scientist for our future Wilmington, NC office.
The Environmental Scientist is responsible for leading all field operations and technical staff in the execution of field work and the completion of reporting to include the delivery of technically sound products that meet internal and external client expectations, on time and on/under budget. This individual makes significant field decisions on wetland assessments, delineations and related technical assessments with input by the project manager and provides briefings of findings and recommendations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a bachelor's or master's degree in Environmental Sciences or a related discipline
- Must have at least three years of experience in the Natural Resources field with an emphasis on wetland and stream delineations
- Must have strong office and field skills, capable and willing to perform field tasks in all types of weather in often demanding outdoor conditions and terrain
- Wetland Delineation experience and Riparian Buffer Assessment is required
- Threatened and endangered species survey experience, environmental permitting, stream restoration assessment, monitoring, and design processes experience is a plus
- Must possess strong verbal and technical writing skills, and be able to read technical literature and engineering plans
- This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter; flexible, detail-oriented, enjoy interacting with employees and clients; willing to work at a dynamic pace to complete tasks and meet deadlines; and share a commitment to our firm’s vision, mission and shared values.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company's Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.