Business Analyst Intern – Summer 2021 - #156873
Date: 02/24/2021 00:00 AM
City: Carol Stream, Illinois
Contract type: Intern
Work schedule: Full Day
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
LOMA Systems, an ITW Company, is the world's leading engineering and manufacturing company specializing in metal detection, X-ray inspection, checkweighers, combination systems and more for the pharmaceutical, packaging and food industries - all Designed to Survive®
Just about any product you will have bought in a supermarket has to be checked to ensure it is free from contamination (i.e. metal, glass, stone, plastic) and is to the quality intended. LOMA Systems’ equipment is installed in many food production facilities around the world to protect us as consumers. You will get exposure to an industry you did not even know existed!
We are looking for a Business Analyst Intern to join our team for the summer of 2021.
The position holder will work directly with our Production team and he/she will be involved in tool-box projects that are tailored to the qualified candidate’s specific skills and field of study. This role will interface, on a daily basis, with the Loma Systems management and professionals from various departments.
This internship is approximately 40 hours per week for 8-12 weeks, with flexible start and end dates within the range of June-September 2021.
- Design a Loaner & Rental management database with automated emails to customers and internal stakeholders using SharePoint list and workflow.
- Develop of a catalog of spare parts, focusing on technical compatibility with equipment model and generation.
- Compile canned answers of customer requests for integration into the new ticketing system. Create documented work instructions for the customer request handling process.
- Develop other SharePoint lists and database in relation to the business administration needs, such as Credit Memos, Return Authorizations and other internal process and programs.
- Rising college junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor level degree program in Business Administration, Information Technology or a related field in business systems and process improvements
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Quick learner – i.e. ability to learn new software and understand directions
- Reliable/dependable – shows up to work on time and is committed to timely completion of assignments
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
Loma Systems, an ITW Company, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call the Loma Human Resources Dept. at (630) 240-9571 to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.