General Trades Maintenance Worker I - #156871
State of North Dakota
Date: 02/24/2021 00:00 AM
City: Lisbon, North Dakota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a full time position maintaining the North Dakota Veterans Home.
Join us in Caring for America's Hereos. The Veterans Home provides basic and skilled care living for Veterans and spouses of veterans. Our facility was built in 2011 using the new Household concept in caring for our residents.
The Veterans Home vision is to create a home for the Veterans of North Dakota. We respect each person as a member of the Veterans Home. We are committed to high standards of service which provides compassionate and affordable care to our households. We are dedicated to creating a safe living and working environment. This is a key position in creating a safe environment.
Summary of Work
This is a full time position completing the activities required to maintain the physical plant including all buildings and the grounds of the facility.
- Complete assigned work to maintain the NDVH physical plant, including power plant, water system, buildings and grounds.
- Maintain equipment within the NDVH and the grounds of the facility: maintain and/or supervise the maintenance being performed on equipment within the facility. This includes troubleshooting and installing of equipment.
- Develop and implement work procedures and standards, resolve problems.
- Assure snow removal is completed as needed.
- Conduct fire drills, tornado drills and evacuations of the faciity. Assure residents and staff know the emergency procedures. Knowledge of NFPA codes to maintain facility compliance. Maintain knowledge of codes and safety standards. Assist in training to new staff and annually on emergency procedures and the fire alarm system.
- Maintain knowledge of codes and safety standards associated with the use and handling of maintenance materials and supplies.
Requires a high school diploma or GED and one year of maintenance work experience.
Preference will be given to individuals with experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical.
Applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and pass a pre-employment drug test.
Applicants must complete online application. Applications must be completed by 11:59 pm on the posted closing date.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process contact:
North Dakota Veterans Home
1600 Veterans Drive
Lisbon, ND 58054
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.