Product Management Intern - #156853
Date: 02/24/2021 00:00 AM
City: Mountain View, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
DNAnexus is the leading cloud-based SaaS company serving the global life science community. DNAnexus’ health informatics platform serves customers across a spectrum of industries — government, biopharmaceutical, clinical diagnostics, healthcare, and academic research in 33 countries with compliant protection of data, privacy, and intellectual property. The platform provides a secure and collaborative environment where genomics, multi-omics, and real world data can be combined with clinical data at scale, providing new insights that can lead to improved diagnostics, new targeted therapies and better patient care.
We're looking for interns to join our Product Management team. If you are an intellectually curious and driven student in a graduate or undergraduate program looking for a rewarding internship that combines your passion for science, product development and business, we should talk.
The Product Manager Intern will work closely with Product Managers in product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and documenting product and customer requirements; working closely with engineering to translate requirements into user stories; accepting user stories; and enabling product marketing to educate the company and customers on new functionality.
- Assist with specifying requirements, writing user stories, and detailing acceptance criteria with detail and clarity sufficient for implementation and testing
- Research competitive solutions, comparing and contrasting as input into ongoing feature definition
- Work with user experience (UX) designers to create a compelling user experience around each story, expressed through wireframes, mock-ups or prototypes
- Work with development teams to communicate use cases and requirements, resolve issues arising during development, and accept stories as they are completed
Qualified applicants will be currently enrolled college or graduate students in a bioinformatics or another genomics/computational biology-related degree program OR is in a business or software management program with a strong passion and background related to bioinformatics, genomics, or precision medicine.
- Experience with or exposure to software or technology product management or development, preferably in an environment using agile development practices
- Experience in life-sciences, genomics or other health-care/scientific field
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives
- Balance of business and technical interests with savvy solutioning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness and ability to listen and genuine interest in understanding and solving customer problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize and execute on initiatives
- Detail-oriented with high standards of quality work
- Ability to interact and team with others is essential. Must be able to partner within organization to generate results
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities including the ability to analyze and report metrics
Education and Certifications:
- Currently attending a graduate or undergraduate program in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Computational Biology,, Computer Science, or business (MBA or Technology Management preferred).
- For business or computer science majors, coursework or another degree in science (biology, genetics, bioinformatics) medicine or healthcare a plus
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. We recently completed a $100 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations. Key investors include Google Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Northpond Ventures, TPG Biotech, and Foresite Capital.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.