Research Associate - Spectroscropy - #156831
Date: 02/23/2021 23:30 PM
City: South San Francisco, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Research Associate - Spectroscopy in Late Stage Pharmaceutical Development to support our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA.
Research Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct visible and sub-visible particle research of formulated protein samples using HIAC, FlowCam, Coulter counter, Malvern instruments and similar equipment, spectroscopy (UV/Vis, IR and Raman), light scattering and other optical techniques
- Assist in developing protocols and methods for protein particle assays
- Perform data analysis in Excel, Matlab, Jmp or similar programs
- Prepare and present research data to protein particle lab team members
- Assist in generating memos, technical summaries and technical reports
- Perform review and peer review of analytical data
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems, as needed
- Initiate and perform investigations and development, as needed
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Experience in visible and sub-visible protein particle research
- Fundamental knowledge of proteins and antibodies
- Troubleshooting experience with analytical instrumentation
- Basic to advanced analytical protein characterization knowledge using spectroscopy, light scattering, and other biophysical characterization techniques
- Experience in searching peer-reviewed literature and reviewing publications
- Strong organizational, scientific, computational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven and highly flexible team-player in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years of experience, or Master's degree with 1-2 years of academic research experience conducting protein characterization methods
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.